Solved

hello,

I cannot seem to be able to get consistent midi routed through Logic and using external synths or sometimes a controller.

Heres my setup.

I have a midi keyboard running midi via usb to Logic, and by 5pin to the MC101.

I have the audio from the MC101 running to my Scarlett 18i20 by 1/4 audio cables, and I have the 18i20 set up as my audio interface going in and out.

I set up an external midi track and an audio track in Logic.

The external Midi track has the external instrument plugin enabled and my keyboard (an SL88) is selected with midi channel one on the keyboard and in Logic.

I can play it fine, and record audio, AND MIDI notes in the tracks, but I cannot seem to get the midi to go back to the Keyboard via usb to play the MC101 via 5pin midi.

I know I have something setup kinda wrong, I just cant find a solution, and could use a bit of guidance.

I also have problems with the PWM Malevonent sometimes not responding to recorded MIDI in Logic, but if I restart my computer, it works…

Im going to try that now, to see if I can get it working, but any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Do I need to run the MC101 via usb to get midi notes to play that are recorded in on the midi track?

Or should I say, can I send midi to the keyboard via usb to trigger notes to send via 5pin Midi to the MC101?

Ended up calling Sweetwater tech Support…

There is a setting in the Menu on the controller to sum usb and midi to outs!