SOMA Ether in an Arcade hall (video, music, samples) // octatrack

Dear Nauts.

Here’s a new samplehunter video and sample pack! I recorded the sounds from a beautiful Arcade Hall with SOMA Ether. Which records the electromagnetic fields around you. An Arcade Hall is the perfect playground for this obviously. In the video I show the recording process of the samples and then a jam I created with some of the samples. Hope you like the video :slight_smile:

Get the sample pack here: Sample Pack - Electromagnetic waves from an Arcade — Dave Mech

Should I record more videos using SOMA Ether?

Cheers!

25 Likes

Yes, and not just because I like videos of people wandering around waving at stuff in public.

4 Likes

Yea this is dope and the track is hard. Using a lot of gear I don’t normally see you using too so fresh all round!

1 Like

Cool cool cool

And I guess it doesn’t matter to you that I’ll pile on as many mics and other gear with arm extensions appearing from a full body harness while doing so ?

1 Like

Thanks n(m)ate !
Yeah that’s going to happen more often :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whatever you need to do to keep the bangers coming.

1 Like

Isn’t the Ether amazing? Incredible sound quality for under $200.

1 Like

Nice! I need to get the Ether up and running again, such an unusual device.

Every time I read the name of this I think it says Ether in Arcade Hell, which sound pretty cool.

2 Likes

I don’t want the pack ! I want THIS TRACK ! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Banger track. Hope to see it released sometime. :smile: and wow I forgot how cool the Ether was

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

@Claid & @Dread

It’s available on Bandcamp :smiley: The Game | Dave Mech

3 Likes

Ether in Arcade Hell somehow reminds me of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas.

Nice video and track, Dave!

2 Likes

Seriously, I’ve listened to this a few times today.

Absolute fucking banger

2 Likes

I just bought the sample pack…and an Ether.

I’m curious to know how you prepared the samples from the raw Ether recordings…

And thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks Fin :heart: fond of your noise as well so means a lot to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the support. That’s the spirit haha. A general tip I can give is that there is a lot of static-ish noise around. Try to point it towards machines (ticket machines etc.) And slowly point and move it over the whole thing. Some spots will give wildly different results than others. And the rhythmic sounds are always the nicest when you find one :slight_smile:

The samples were not heavily processed but carefully EQed to tone down things that were a bit too resonant or had a very messy low end that was unusable. Basically cleaning them a bit without altering them too much.

Thanks for watching the video and getting the sample pack :slight_smile:

1 Like