Some clarification needed on how kits and patterns work together

Hi,

I’m still getting used to my MD, everythings been easy to understand so far but theres one thing I’m uncertain about. How exactly do kits save in regard to patterns? Are they completely separate things or do kits save with specific patterns associated with them i.e. the pattern you sequenced when you made the kit?
It seems that sometimes I switch to a kit and the pattern changes to the one I made the kit with and then sometimes I switch to a different kit and it has the exact same pattern I was working on but with the different sounds. Is there a way of ensuring that the kit I’m saving always has a pattern saved with it?

Also, whenever I try to add swing to just one track it seems to still add swing to every track, is there some trick to getting swing on only one track that the manual doesn’t describe?

Any help is appreciated, Cheers,

Sc

According to the manual, a Kit holds:
-each of the 16 tracks’ machines
-parameter settings for each of the 16 machines
-parameter settings for the Track Effect system
-parameter settings for routings to the Stereo Master FX
-parameter settings for the Stereo Master FX

Apparently, different patterns are independent of that, meaning you can copy/paste the same kit to different pattern slots, clear or add track trigs on different patterns, and load different kits into them.

Then when you save the Snapshot, all that pattern/kit info is saved in it, yes?

Any experts want to add to this?

So…

• Patterns are automatically saved as soon as you modify something in them.
and this happens also on loading a specific kit.
If you have a pattern it wiil retain the kit you have used -BUT- if you load a different kit, the pattern will sequence the machines contained in that kit, p-locks included. Keep in mind that the sound can change dramtically or can stay quite similar.

So if you load a kit, the patttern automatically will be saved with it.

• About Swing…the Amount in % is shared between all tracks.
in SwingMode you have two tabs to switch to… ALL and T1-2-…-16.
So if you want to apply Swing to only one track.
First you should be sure that there is no swing trigs corresponding on trigs for tracks that you dont want to be swung. (in swing mode you can press FUNCT+CLEAR to erase swing trigs…only for the selected track,; you can ONLY select tracks in swing mode by pressing FUNCT+TRACK)

The only issue here is that you should manually erase all the swing trigs for all tracks you dont want will be affected by swing.
I never found a different way.