Something new

You could be if you just opened your heart a little, it’s fun and feels good too… You may say you don’t want to, but deep down I bet you do…

You can but to come here where we all get along like family, and to say I’m not your fam and I want to complain to you all, why would we want to support that?
Love you…

2 Likes

I’d say it actually is pretty dumb marketing TBH seeing as we aren’t discussing/advertising anything except our own imaginings and its all in the same thread as Elektron posted the photo inside of. Which everyone would check out either way. Wasted opportunity in my opinion. We aren’t spreading the word on a new product in an accumulative fashion, just ranting guesswork to each other. Most of which will probably turn out to be totally irrelevant. If we were talking/hyped about something solid then yeah, it would spread out and marketing job done.

When a band/artist or movie franchise etc does a teaser it works because it’s solid even tho it’s vague. You know you’re getting an lp or you’re getting a movie. If you’re already a fan you know you’re gonna want to hear/see it. Then you’ll decide if you liked it. And in the meantime everyone starts to instantly talk/spread word because they know ‘enough’ about what’s coming and whether they care about it. Hardware is way different. Just cos I bought a korg Ms20mini doesn’t mean I need or care about a korg tuner. Hardware needs at least ‘some’ specifics in teasers to be effective like Lp/movie teasers etc… Yeah, sure it has a tiny, tiny marketing reward to post a photo like this on a forum, and it’s vaguely amusing to specualate/joke, but nothing compared to genuine hype/buzz. I dig Elektron but it’s impossible to get hyped about a blur that could be anything…

Consider this pre-hype then. Everything you’re saying will happen after NAMM, and then we’ll still have to wait months for the product to actually launch, so the hype cycle will be complete.

OK, so ‘pre-hype’ is dumb… :wink:

1 Like

Leaking some circuit schematics and a PCB … was a good move.

1 Like

“I was hyped by this thing before it was cool”

2 Likes

I’m kinda thinking that the picture posted in here is mostly for the fans. Elektron knows that their forum is full of people who really enjoy talking about all things Elektron. People who would rather like to sit and talk nonsense about a blurry photo, instead of just waiting 2 days for the reveal.

I agree that that is not really that great marketing, but it IS interacting with you user base.

sequencer.de, sonicState, synthopia, cdm and all the others is going to do the actual marketing. Elektronauts is going to make people have a laugh and feel like a family. Except that one guy who doesn’t want to be family…

2 Likes

Haha :slight_smile: it’s just such a totally pointless thread, Heat all over again! Doesn’t ‘bother’ me just surprised Elektron bother. Much better ways to plant hype origins :wink:

Elektron does teasers. They are free to do whatever they want, and that’s what they want to do… Somehow I doubt it’ll hurt their business…

1 Like

preordered…

10 Likes

Three days of speculation this thread shall be…

1 Like

Yeah it’s not a big deal either way tbh :slight_smile: don’t wanna piss on anyones parade and I’ll probably be excited too when I see what it is…

Yeah no one saying they aren’t allowed or shouldnt do teasers. Just saying their teasers suck :wink: or their teasers take it for granted that everyone is going to be hyped on/want what they make, no matter what it is.

2 Likes

You’re all good bro! Nothing personal at all. Just sayin…

1 Like

5 Likes

Captain Picard is lovin it.

1 Like

:loopy:

7 Likes

You know what it is dont you? I can see it in your eyes…well, eye

1 Like

excitement, desire, patience

8 Likes

Sid station 2

2 Likes