Something new

Does this enhancement help at all?

No?
Does it make the red seem kinda different and the blue things in the bottom right different then the ones to their left?

ive seen sweetwater and i think for 999 i will buy the mpc live. another elektron machine is easily to expensive. maybe the change the price policy. but the mpc specs are to good

2 Likes

Octatrack MK II with drum pad triggers. Makes sense

1 Like

why Octa track Mk2 with Pads- Can’t the Rytm just be updated & enhanced? I just hope Elektron doesn’t go the Japanese (Roland, Korg , Pioneer…) way where new products are just a step above the old and not a new ‘platform’. Analog keys, Rytm are new products and lots can be done to advance them. Octatrack is about 7-8 years and desperately needs a OS enhancement.

2 Likes

Not sure we’ll see boxes like the old ones again…

Elektron seem to have figured out that Roland, Korg etc split their hardware out and that’s where the money’s at. OT is killer cos it seemed like Elektron threw everything they possibly could in there til the cpu buckled. Possibly minus nailing the looper aspect with a change of heart/decision to build a separate looper later.

But things like RYTM not having onboard Sampling option and A4/AK not sequencing external midi, then heat + drive not having any digital fx on board (tape warble, delay, reverb etc…) to make it a beast multifx. These all seem like no-brainer features to me if they wanted to build best/most flexible/interesting/convenient boxes possible…

I get the feeling they won’t be so generous with individual box features in future. And the more boxes they have in production the less depth/functionality/crossover we’ll see on each one.

Think this is either a deep digital multifx, an octatrack style looper or crazy mixer. They’re the most obvious holes in their current catalogue. Would love to be proven wrong though and it be a combination of the above or an OT2 or insane digital synth + sampler sound design box etc

3 Likes

Very good points there!

It’s actually quite funny to see how many people are screaming and lusting for an OT2 with even more options while the OT is still the most versatile of the Elektrons imho.

I hope it will be a Sequenced Mixer/Hardware Overbridge with Digital FX and Digital Recording option… That would be gold! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s obvious, there are pads on this thing

Man of little faith ! :aw:

I like my :3lektron: machines not only because they are so much fun to play with, but also because I love the sound !
If @Ess states he loves the next box, I’m quite sure I will as well :smiley:

3 Likes

Haha I’m sure it’ll be lustworthy :wink:

Just that having a load of separate boxes isn’t really working for me here. Space/cash/housekeeping with project/patch switching etc. So I’m hoping whatever it is is kind of super exhaustive in its area/uncrippled and means less cables/projects/patches/i can sell a bunch of stuff to buy it :wink: and more of the ‘all in one’ design goal/functionality of their earlier boxes. obvs depending what it is… Don’t need another mystery blurry photo print on my wall :wink:

2 Likes

@Callofthevoid : you write like a robot … Space/cash/housekeeping with project/patch switching in its area/uncrippled and means less cables/projects/patches/i can sell the ‘all in one’ design goal/functionality of their earlier boxes

Are you C-3PO for real ? :joy:

Joke @Callofthevoid : Hello Everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m the ghost of practicality…

5 Likes

:slight_smile: as i said this thread and MPC Live are top threads pre-namm… strange there’s not the one on deepmind12 reactivated because of the Pre-namm synth operation they’ve done…

pretty tempted by the deepmind module when it shows up. Lacking a hands-on poly here, AK only goes so far there and OB6 just taunts with its ££ :confused: not surprised deepmind getting little pre-namm hype tho, think everything’s already been covered pretty well… People want to talk about a blurry ‘something’ that they might not even want :wink:

it’s off topic sorry mods… yeah come back to the blurry thing we’ll know the 19 what it is… i canceled my MPC Live pre-ordering. And i will make the definitive one after namm too much things seem to move :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah bailed on the MPC pre-order here too. See what drops… Pretty sure I’ll grab mpc tho, even if the Elektron box is killer, unless it’s something portable. Gotta prioritise getting something I can get time to use and helps me finish tracks quicker! Bought an empress reverb about 4 months ago and haven’t even got round to updating it yet :confused: whereas op1 is getting worn to dust here these days.:wink:

3 Likes

And yet again we’ve successfully proven that few things are more detrimental to making music than (the lust for) new gear :smile:

6 Likes

no it’s preventive.
:joy:

It’s bigger than the Heat format.,

Maybe it’s a screen shot of a working version of Overbridge,?

9 Likes