Something new

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/137437/blood_sampler.jpg

After a comprehensive photo study I can definitely confirm that the picture is taken from a BLOOD SAMPLE.

SAMPLE - coincidence? I THINK NOT

SAMPLER CONFIRMED

10 Likes

:spy: Elementary, my dear Watson !

It seems so obvious now… :upside_down:

1 Like

Hope it’s an OT2. Not that I would buy an OT2, but rather that the 2nd hand prices of the original OT will go down. I’ve always wanted two of them.

2 Likes

Great move, getting into the medical equipment market. Looking forward to getting my first Elektroncardiogram!

3 Likes

^ Any excuse to post some Kraftwerk.

I’d be interested in a performance mixer with p-lockable effects etc. I’ve come close to buying an Aira MX-1 a few times, only to be put off by the small number of conventional analogue inputs for stereo gear (2x stereo pairs plus a stereo minijack).

3 Likes

Thats a good point. I would love a second OT to use purely for beats.

I wonder if the fact this is teased as being show you something new" means thats all it will be - a showing rather than a release. Kinda like when the OT first came out. If it is, could that point to it being a rather deep machine, instead of something rushed out the door? I hope so :slight_smile: here’s to an innovative elektron box we never knew we needed :cocktail:

I don’t think it’s a oneshot focused sampler, as that wouldn’t bring much news, compared to the Rytm. In the sample section, we need serious mangling and wild effects.

1 Like

Yeah, guess could just be a ‘this is what we’re working on’…
Future tech. Elektron implants. Human modular. Cellular patching…

“we want to show you something new” - they are going to release a new teaser video at NAMM :slight_smile:

product, perhaps we are (eventually) getting 2 products to replace the OT i.e. its split in two : a live sampler/looper with analog filters/effects, a midi/cv sequencer (like the Squarp Pyramid) with elektron workflow.

Hope I’m just old and cynical but I have doubts we’ll see analog filter or distortion in any future digital products coming soon cos theyd prefer we bought a Heat. Nothing to base that miserable forecast on tho and I’d be happy to be wrong :slight_smile:

Using heats for multitrack duties? Elektron cannot be that greedy IMO.

Guess we’ll see :wink:

11 posts were split to a new topic: Unacceptable bickering

i found the original picture!
unblured!!!

6 Likes

You sure it’s just a one thing, though?

A trio of entrance level instruments, the Elektron take on three micro versions of their current instrument lineup - a Volca A4, Volca Rytm and Volca Octatrack. Their equivalent of the Pocket Operators, all with USB to work with Overbridge, of course.

There are no entry level instruments for potential Elektron users yet. A lineup of a complete rig wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

Could be, this thing looks BIG though!

tempting maybe but I’m hoping they don’t go that direction…

Yes, probably too much of a size to warrant an entry into the micro market.

It does look a bit like the Pyramid, actually.

yea i hope they dont go near mini entry level things either.