Something new

Damn, can’t find the pre-order button of this blurry thing :nej:

They’re a business and they’re competing against other businesses for air time and competing with other businesses for your attention and custom. It’s perfectly reasonable to whet your appetite and keep the press release timed to a period which suits their business interests - they’re not messing with your mind or after prospective lost customers - it’s just a drastically reduced teaser campaign compared to the last one which was scorned by most as being too long.

Let them run their business and that just leaves everyone else to run their own expectations - but in the big scheme of life whether to buy this or that is a pretty small deal and it’s only a few days

They can’t please everyone, so businesses have to be lead by best practice for themselves - everyone else just has to fit in with that … so all this raining on their parade is bad form IMHO not to mention pointless

I’m a bit surprised there’s a new member of the family popping up so soon, I hope it’s not one that will keep the devs busy from finessing all the other existing products and getting the full suite of OB served up for all - there are only a few small things that could do with a fix, but I’m not too hopeful when there are more and more products rolling out - especially OB capable ones - based on the colour I’m guessing this one is an OB capable desktop unit of some description, but secretly hoping it’s not a looper which would surely spell the end of hopes for getting pickup machines a bit more robust - see, we all have our expectations … whatever it is, it’ll be popular, that much we know

7 Likes

They can do whatever they want with their business and campaigns etc. Just like I can say the standard teasing with a photo of a blur bores me and just promotes nonsense threads of speculation and wishful thinking :wink: instead of genuine hype and interesting discussion about possibilities of the device… For the sake of 3 days why didnt they just wait and do a clean reveal? Maybe kids dig this kind of ‘excitement’ but it’s boring and pointless…

4 Likes

Could be something in the line of the Strymon Timeline/BigSky, hopefully a delay and reverb in one box with the filter included from the AH. Most likely there will be similar pedals like the Analog Drive then, just like the Strymon BlueSky and Strymon El Capistan…

Thank God its black!

3 Likes

I haven’t bought a Kinder Egg in years.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Haha, think it initially bugged me in relation to mpc pre-order, now I’m just bathed in ‘meh’ and thinking about things with edges again :wink: I’ll prob be straight aboard the hype train once details emerge tho :confused:

3 Likes

It’s pretty obvious what it is.

Slimer from Ghostbusters has joined the elektron label, and will be performing at NAMM.

Here’s the unblurred image:

7 Likes

Leaked!!
It’s the new Elektron Analog Blur , an analog image filter (Instagram-like) with full digital control and Overbridge Plugin for Adobe™ Photoshop.

4 Likes

Im just amazed by number of box released by elektron in the recents years : A4, AR, AH and now the new upcoming box. And they developed simultaneously an hybrid analog/digital technology + overbridge. The development speed was much slower in the monomachine/machinedrum days.

2 Likes

No trigs…
But 16 buttons…

=> 16 tracks mixer !?!!!

1 Like

Very excited to see what Elektron has created for us. The announcement that there’s a new Elektron member being introduced made my Monday!

The Osborne effect,
So I’ve had a peek about UK dealers and I can only find Juno with 2 Octatracks in stock,
Thomann, Rubadub, Digital village, Dolphin, Reddog, LondonModular, KMR all out of stock,
Elektrons own web-shop out of stock as well.

1 Like

OT2 it’s official

4 Likes

They were a small company in the MM and MD period, after the release of the Octatrack it changed and sales became more stable. Last year Arctos Equity invested in Elektron Machines.

Check also this interview :

http://www.gp.se/nyheter/ekonomi/musikf%C3%B6retaget-elektron-bryter-ny-mark-1.100100

“During the next year, further products placed on the market. And within two years, hopes to translate more than 200 million”

Fact: Elektron Music Machines MAV AB

Turnover in Sweden: 72.4 million SEK
Results in Sweden: 4.3 million SEK

So expect more to come…

2 Likes

Hello,
glad to see you here too!

What?

Dude wanted the entire Heat speculation replicated on this thread. I’m just doing my part :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You made my OT cry.

1 Like