Sonicware SmplTrek

Seems convoluted.

2 Likes

I’m sure everyone would know what I meant if I started a thread called “pp stuff”

2 Likes

Not long now! Hopefully!

1 Like

Yeah, I’m looking forward to hearing what people do with this. I haven’t been to keen on the company’s demos.

2 Likes

Yeah man, as if a pop rock band would use this for recording their songs. :smiley:
IF anybody will use this it will be beatmakers. I want this to be good because i’d love to have a small sampler for my daily train rides. Actually i want a SP-404 mkII in the form factor of the sampltrek. Let’s wait and see…

1 Like

Yeah man. They should have given one to me. I’ll sit in a park and hook up a beat real quick. Show the folks what it can do.

Roland had the right idea with Dibiase and them in the promos.

2 Likes

It’ll be interested to see how this turns out. The ELZ1 seemed very cool with a couple
odd choices (midi only over micro usb is rough). The Liven devices look fun as volca alternatives. The marketing in this has been a bit funky (which probably just means it’s not marketed towards me?) but the specs look cool.

1 Like

One thing I spotted in the videos which contributes to it feeling weird - the demonstrator is actually deliberately doing things at a slow pace so you can see the controls being pressed. Makes a lot of things seem laboured. In reality, once you have the muscle memory, I reckon you’ll be flying on this for getting down fast ideas. One thing I love is how many ways there are to enter sequencer data for example: steps, pad recording or piano roll. In a box that size it’s pretty impressive.

1 Like

the screen looks nuts… how does it come across in real use though?

I was so tempted by this box, but have too many samplers already so restrained from buying one thus far. It looks very cool and capable in a super portable format, I look forward to reading user reviews & experiences when they start popping up.

1 Like

Any backers had notificaton of shipping yet?

Nope, I read somewhere they start shipping starting 15 November

Postponed a week due to a last minute firmware bug discovery.

2 Likes

At least they discovered it before shipping and not after.

I guess it’s safe to say we’ll get it by Christmas. Fingers crossed.

It’s a great looking machine so far.

1 Like

Why is it that only the best beatmakers get one first? :weary: :cry:

I watched the Loopop video

It looks cool and it’s very compact for something so powerful, but it looks very flimsy / cheaply built for something that’s £500

1 Like

Chinese man squinting at tiny piece of paper.jpg

1 Like

I like this guy. And he knows how to make beats.

3 Likes