SOPHIE's sound design (Digitone or Monomachine?)

Works the other way round too :slight_smile:

Yeah man, you’re so right, SOPHIE was bad. Now, do you have some tips regarding the creation of sounds similar to SOPHIE’s or not?

7 Likes

guess the good thing is when we like it we dont need to explain why, we just dance!

on topic:
ive noticed that revazz has some similar-ish sound design to sophie in some tracks and i know that he is a fan of using the plugin Synplant. i’ve messed around with it before but never delved deep enough to really utilize it. i wonder if theres a similar structure to his sounds

1 Like

D04 was really cool. Super simple but some very Nice P-looking to get that swooshing whip sound.

Also plockning the depth of an lfo with an upward ramp on pitch to get that pitch going up on the kick…

Looking through the kicks as well it reaffirms that you need atleast two LFOs on pitch to get the kick pumping.

Some really cool stuff in there.

8 Likes

This is fucking great :+1:

Finally back in the studio but I totally forgot how exactly to place those sysex files in the correct “position” inside the MNM. It’s been a while. I don’t want to overwrite my existing stuff, so is it save to just select an empty snapshot and send the complete sysex into that snapshot without loosing any other stuff I made?

I saved my current syssex then loaded the new one and had a listen… I then loaded my own syssex once I felt like I was done…

So this file completely replaced everything that was previously saved in the machine?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Now I know my Monomachine isn’t only the goat for digital fart noises but can also meow like an 8-bit cat from Monkey Island.

2 Likes

Monomachine+Rytm MKII here. I haven’t heard much hyperpop with industrial dark Sophie style sound design so I decided to make it myself.

You can grab projects for your Monomachine and Rytm mkII for free on my bandcamp if you’re interested. Link in the description of the YouTube video

19 Likes

it sounds awesome. would you care to share which machines from the MnM are used for thouse type of sounds?

2 Likes

Very impressive!

1 Like

Thank you! I used FM+ Par and Fm+ Dyn through Chorus for the metallic stuff and Fm+ Stat through Phaser for some squeaky hi-hat like tones. You can download and check the project if you have MnM

3 Likes

sounds amazing!

1 Like

Awesome job!.. feels like Faceshopping part.2

1 Like