Sound management help

Finally got my Digitakt!

Sorry for the beginners question, but is there a guide or tutorial somewhere for sound and sample management?

Been reading the manual several times now, but still don’t know how to store, use and load the sounds. And pretty confused with +Drive and Sound Pool.
When I start a new project, sounds are already there, so I don’tget what they mean with loading them to the soundpool first and then assigning them to a project (the 127 sounds).

Also there seem to be 1900 something factory samples. Does this mean I have to remove a lot of them when uploading my own samples?

Again, sorry for this beginner question, but I want to keep the memory clean and tidy. I don’t want to fill it with junk now because I don’t now what I am doing.

Thanks!

1 Like

The simplest way when starting out is to go to any track, go to the SRC page and turn knob D to change the SAMP. Use the down arrow to go to the first empty slot and hit YES, navigate to your sample (FUNC + YES to preview them), then hit YES again to load it on that track. There are other ways such as FUNC + SRC etc but that’s the simplest one imo. You don’t really need Sounds to get going, just use Samples til you’re up to speed.

And for a great beginner tutorial that covers everything you need, Cuckoo is your man:

Ah thanks. This helps a lot! So the samples under the D knob, are the current samples in the project. This will get me started.

And how could I forget to watch this video! I’ve been watching Cuckoo videos for months. Not for buying gear, but he is like the Bob Ross of gear. Very calming and relaxing to watch.

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, correct :+1: