Sound Packs?

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on the Sound Packs.

I’ve got a bunch in my cart, but hesitant to pull the trigger. Are they worth it?

In my case I’m talking particularly about the RYTM sound packs.

Given the latest update increased the sound palette of the Rytm dramatically, it might be interesting to see more synth-type sound packs for Rytm, rather than drums…

Anyways, I’m yet to truly use samples on my Rytm to any great effect. I’m always using the synthesis mainly.

Be keen to hear if any of them are particularly dope

But in general I’ve never been too sold on buying sample packs. Sort of, philosophically its never really made sense to me. Interested to hear peoples take on that too, just to chew the fat on it.

Following for the above reasons. Curious about a couple of the Rytm ones as well…

The only pack I have bought for my AR so far has been the AR808 (and if AR606 ever gets released imma get it ASAP). I have all the samples I could ever need on my laptop, I see little point in buying any more, but YMMV as usual.

If there’s just a few perf macros added to a sample-based pack, I dunno man - isn’t it quite easy to recreate the macros? However if there’s packs where significant design efforts have been used for velocity and aftertouch mod matrixes, in order to create highly dynamic and playable sounds, well that could very well be worth a dollar or two!

1 Like