Soundcard crashes when connecting Digitakt via USB-OVERBRIDGE

Hello,

I am sorry my first post here is asking for help. I looked for similar problems/solutions in the forums but couldn’t find any.

I am having a big problem with my Digitakt. When I connect it via USB-OVERBRIDGE to my laptop my soundcard crashes. So there is no way I can use both my soundcard and the Digitakt via overbridge at the same time. Very frustrating… It’s my first time doing this, as I walways used the Digitakt dawless, but now I want to use overbridge because I have now time for trying new things…

My configuration is as follows:

Digitakt: Latest OS to date (1.11), connected via USB to a direct USB 3.0 port (no HUB).
Laptop: Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, Hard drive 2 TB + 256 GB SSD, Nvidia Geforce GTX 860M de 4 GB, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports (excellent performance laptop)
Soundcard: MOTU 828 mk3, connected via USB to a direct USB 2.0 port (no HUB).
Overbridge version: Beta 2.0.35.4

I think it is drivers related. It is known to me that the Motu goes mad from time to time (for example, with some windows updates, or when accidentally unplugging it) and “forgets” about its drivers. So when looking for them it goes nuts. Then I have to manually delete all of the motu’s drivers and they just pop up fresh when re-connecting the motu. So my guess is some kind of motu’s drivers problem is created when connecting the Digitakt, or viceversa.

The crash happens in the very same moment both soundcard and Digitakt are connected. No need for either the DAW (Live) or the Standalone Digitakt app to be running for the crash to happen.

¿Does anyone had similar problems and managed to solve them?

Thank you very much for your help!!

1 Like