Soundforce Juno Chorus 6

The SoundForce Chorus 6 is 16HP Juno style BDD chorus with plenty of CV inputs. It is using the Xvive MN3009 and the same audio path as the original circuit. It can do the classic Juno I, II and I+II modes. I+II modes are available from both the Juno 6 and Juno 60, each in mono (as the original) or stereo, giving you 4 I+II options. But the manual and external modes can take the module away from sweet and pretty sound territories right into weird and noisy soundscapes.

Coming July 2023 €299,-

more info

Gimme gimme gimme!

6 Likes

There’s also a smaller/simpler version coming for €199,-

more info

1 Like

Hmm not as much love as I expected. Thought there would be more excitement.

I myself find all those chorus pedal etc claiming to be a Juno chorus painfully bad.

Now that Soundforce has basically the entire Juno-60 complete in modules I wonder how long it will take before we see a full semi modular desktop unit. Thinking about buying a couple of his modules and building a small 2 voice Juno-60 + drum samples modules for €1500,-

4 Likes

The smaller one looks interesting and the big one looks overkill. I myself love modular effects, but I prefer them to me more abstract like the MN stuff. But then again, when I’m using modular my output is going into Bitwig where I have the Tal Chorus installed (if I remember correctly it’s free). If I really need that sound I just use that. Not sure it makes sense to have a dedicated Juno Chorus in a set-up. Maybe if you were building a poly-synth type of rack? Could also scratch that itch if you were looking for a Juno Chorus pedal. You could use one of those Pod’s…but then the Chorus 6 has all those CV inputs. I don’t know. Maybe a demo will show something I’m not thinking of.
Thanks for the heads up tho.

I’m not into Eurorack. Bought a rack, had it empty for a year and sold it again. It scares me! :sweat_smile:
But I do love the Juno-60 and there’s nothing like this that comes closer to the original imo.

I see no reason for Nikolas to not go all the way and release a beautiful desktop Juno-60 without all the patch capabilities under €1500,- (unless he really doesn’t want to). It would instantly be my favourite synth.

1 Like

Yeah this looks awesome…are there any real existing alternatives for someone who wants to add JU-esque chorus to their modular?

I usually rely on pedals (or sometimes even just my OT) for FX, but might have to make an exception for the timeless beauty of the Juno’s chorus.

There’s the module from Feedback but they don’t make it anymore. Never used it myself but some say it’s a great module.

I think these look great and I was wondering about their internals. Thanks for covering that. Had me daydreaming today. Although my OB6 is back in its box following two releases where I mainly used that as the only voice and ran it through a TimeLine and a Big Sky before hitting all the modular. Two volumes that might have been more fun to play if I had these modules … an OB6 with (finally :open_mouth:‍:dash:) a faithful recreation of a Juno chorus… OOF!!!

Where are the demos?!