Soundtoys Debuts New SuperPlate Plug-in

idk where you are located, but i found a new ilok2 in the german ads, Kleinanzeigen für 20€

3 Likes

That horse has already bolted !

PS (UK, or rather the Republic of Scotland)

1 Like

You know what’s funny, I’ve had some plugin makers take almost a year to respond to my deactivation requests.

Just got an email that Air approved my request I made in August of last year. Just unreal.

When it comes to sound toys, the plugs are not worth the hassle for me anymore. I moved on from mine, personally. The crazy sounding thing may be that I just replaced them over time with ableton plugs which are fine for me.

1 Like

So wanted to try that super plate (especially the auto decay feature, could be better than just ducking the reverb) and opened a session I was working on but Logic would crash every time. Looking at the crashlog, one of the Soundtoys plugin (the new version) was the culprit. If you have this problem, perhaps what I did may help: Open a new empty Logic Pro project and load the plugin that was listed in the crashlog. Now, open your old project. It should load just fine.

Now, let’s see the auto-decay in action!

1 Like

Also unreal that i find myself about 2 hours from receipt of an unplanned/unwanted ilok ‘upgrade’ from a company i have never shopped with (nor really knew) who only offered a 3-4 business day delivery yet still manage to get this to me before i got a peep back from Soundtoys :sad:

So with luck i’ll be in a position to give this SuperPlate a spin later - only on teh one machine mind you as i haven’t got word on when my USB-A(male) > C(female) adaptor will show up

AtoC

At least SuperPlate lives up to its name :okej:

I’m rather liking this one

And on the plus side i have at least found that a number of licences can exist on both ilok keys (albeit not too many, and crucially not the all important Max/MSP ones, although i can split 8 off from the rest and have a bit of redundancy cover in an emergency)

Still irked to not have any response, but at least the irritation is essentially behind me and it’s a fine sounding tool and a very very dinky (and easily lost) ilok that should be fine going forward

2 Likes

just FYI, the same iLok (newest gen) exists in USB A form (in case you want to avoid the adaptor)

1 Like

i know, i questioned the wisdom of both for a stupidly long time and opted for the spendy option as my USB-A machines will die soonest and that was the least regret ‘candidate’ … the main machine moving forward can be the most compact as a result and in time adaptors won’t be called for (unlike with the A option)

i’m rather surprised to see that i can have SoundToys on the ilok3 and on another device (just not the ilok1) so i may well just bang it on the usb-c mac and at least not be caught out when i can’t find it

the adapter was about £5 and it’ll be handy for other purposes, probably starting a fire :loopy:

good point! at least on the desktop macs I hope USB A will hang around for a bit longer.

I keep all my licenses on 2 iloks. makes one dying less of a catastrophic event (of course I know you didn’t even want to buy one ;))

1 Like

In the release notes they also write something about updated GUI’s for the other plugins. Havent noticed any changes. did you guys? Regarding the update/registration process; no trouble here on my M2 mac with logic