Spam, updates, other problems

[quote="“J0n35y”"]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
:joy: [/quote]
I heard that in Clarkson’s accent

nakedbob: please keep them coming… i find them hilarious!!!

Flyover-spam-underminers are kitchen-spam-underminers!

sun = a star out of the blue

a blue gascooker is just a spacerocket put in reverse.

1 Like

PongFu, whether you’re man, machine or man-machine, this posts are so weirdly poetic - kind of a random elektronauts lyrics generator :wink:

1 Like

For some reason, both elek forums EU and EN have been plagued by fookin kitchen spam.

Now no other forum I’m on has this issue, and, I know someone who runs a big forum with 10k + members

and was a mod there for some years, we never saw this stuff???

Now after years of this spam its got to me, I’m going to buy a kitchen! Maybe a marble top one!

Seriously

can someone local to those places spam bait them, asking to come measure up and quote to a non-existent address.

Yeah ignore it but just wish they’d fook off,

(talk about mis-directed advertising and marketing)

If they had some option that made Elvis tell me the oven buzzer was going off, maybe they would sway me.

Yeah, I don’t get it. If I, for some reason, wanted to buy a kitchen, I would go out of my way to make sure that I did not buy a kitchen from the guys that keep spamming on here, because they come across as a joke of a company, if that’s the kind of marketing they are doing.

They say all PR is good PR, but I’m finding that hard to believe in this case. Very odd target group they’re going for.

Maybe Cenk tries to sell kitchens too in his spare time? :joy:
Must be someone from the forum…

It’s a bit like the pre-roll ads on YouTube that make you associate the brand advertised with SKIP! SKIP! SKIP!

Every now and then I send them emails, 20 rows of “FU#K OFF”.
Doesn’t do any good, but makes me feel better!!

Maybe if we sent, say five a day each they might get the message.

it’s basic SEO, all it does is to exploit google pagerank…

:joy: :joy:

why not go the other way around? just bombard them with emails telling them to buy Elektron gears … perhaps it could turn out to be a good solution and we could end up with nice and shiny wooden cheeks for our machines :slight_smile:

Ah, but of course. But why only on this forum? I’ve never seen it anywhere else.

Granite end cheeks, surely?

Ding, ding.

why not go the other way around? just bombard them with emails telling them to buy Elektron gears … perhaps it could turn out to be a good solution and we could end up with nice and shiny wooden cheeks for our machines

Back in the days we received a lot of spam on our fax machines. we developed a simple countermeasure:

-Take 2 pieces of a4 paper, completely black
-put one in the fax machine and attach the other one to it by using simple sticky tape.
-attach the end of the second to the start of the first, thereby creating a “loop” of endless black paper.
-send that to the spammer

On the other end of the line, the machine of the spammer would endlessly print out pieces of black paper until the machine ran out ink, causing a high level of irritation… and eventually the cost of a new ink cartridge…This worked pretty well and caused them to think twice before sending another ad fax.

There must be some way of developing the digital version of this…

M.

1 Like

counter measures is a good idea … !

but sending them spam, will probably just go into their spam folder , right?

appearing legit AND robbing them of their manpower as punishment is wicked awesome cool! their strategy backfires on them! … is this actually a legit company?

if so, I want a phone number and legit email address, and I will (probably when I have time an money) use their resources for fook nothing (hello, i have an order … hello, i have a question … hello, i have a complaint … hello, may i talk to the manager …

but isnt this place JUST a placce that gathers emailadress and increase page rank to mask other traffic and sell on user data (like FB, farmville, candycrush etc)

if I get to speak to a real manager, I will tell him to stop his malicious practices or the guild knob turners will cause his employees to deal with bullshit requests each day for an hour, hence loosing valuable manpower …

blablaba

but with so many cool mods on this forum, their kitchen spam hardly ever is online longer than 6 hours, isnt it?

there ya go, my 2ct … boy do I looooove this forum!

Haha, LOLed picturing this in action!

muffwiggler is getting the spam too!

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/ (read the header)

running the ohpeewon site, the only way we have saved ourselves from spam is a real person accepting new users.

1 Like