Speculation: Machinedrum Mk3?

Got a sonic potions lxr recently and realizing what i really wanted was a machinedrum mklll :weary:

3 Likes

Momachoctataktonekeys, but I’ll wait for the Momachoctataktonekeys Black Anniversary Edition

3 Likes

Guilty…

3 Likes

While a big advocate for a MKIII / Digidrum, I wouldn’t be disappointed if Elektron released a Model:P-I/GND hybrid. :cool:

3 Likes

I just recently got a model cycles. And while the concerns I had prior are there in regards to limited sound design, the form factor of the machine is still a step forward for elektron boxes.

I would love for them to:

• continue with the machine music making method
  • combine the model parameter layout with deeper sound design possibilities
2 Likes

Cycles just really needs some more machines, then it would be great. Too limited right now.

6 Likes

Yip needs an FM into bit reduction machine for robotic percussion, and at least a master plockable filter pre reverb and delay…

also a few dual osc engines with various ways of cross modulating the oscs, (phase, fold, sum, subtract)

Alot of what I’m hearing now all sounds like a remix of the same song…so surely if Elektron are never planning on a MKIII for a machine drum some of the ideas could be flicked over to the cycles…

I’m sure I’m dreaming though.

2 Likes

Or a super-model cycles. Ooh-La-La!

1 Like

Model:BiCycles

12 different Machines.

2 Likes

Dream big, use a stronger arithmetic operator. 6 times 6 is 36. 6 to the power 6… no, not really practical.

2 Likes

I don’t want another Mortgage.

But imagine the knobs!

1 Like

I can almost see it…it’s beautiful…

36 knobs in a perfect grid…plenty of parameters.

Control all.

Yes

Yes!

YES!

I am reminded of Aimee Semple McPherson’s vision where she saw the 144,000 angels of Revelation 7:4 standing in a perfect square. Problem is that 144 is a perfect square, but 144,000 is not.

But 6 to the power 6 is a perfect square, 216 by 216. And you thought the knobs on a Volca were tiny…

1 Like

necro thread erect -

Can you assign 3rd party VSTs like Serum or Hive to play from just one pad so you can play a different synth/sound on each pad?

Which instrument are you asking about? Scrolling up, I see Machinedrum and Model:Cycles mentioned. Either way, there are 16 midi channel available, so yes :+1:

1 Like

Oh dude… I thought this was a thread for NI Machine MkIII. Thanks for pointing out my poor reading comprehension.

3 Likes