Speculation: Machinedrum Mk3?

I have a feeling Elektron is brewing something exciting up for this spring.

3 Likes

well; we are all stil waiting on the Battery for the Models So Iā€™m not sure well see a standalone ā€¦ though it would be a cool feature . Iā€™d rather they made it 16 Track/ Instrument then spend loads of time to produce a battery .

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talkingā€™ about man . If they could regroup every Drum machine & sampler into one machine make it a 16Ch , 4FX, Bunch LFOs . theyā€™d have a KILLLER . A none compromise machine .

1 Like

Cycles is aight . But ONE lfo on a FM based machine is no where near enough. What is FM ? not Not enough presets for me . would have been cool if you could Save patches and send it to the community ā€¦

1 Like

You can save and export individual patches as well as kits

2 Likes

oh I stand corrected ā€¦ my apologies .

Honestly the Models are fun little toy I thinking of replacing the Sample for a DT mostly for the resample feature and the 8 midi track to use with the nord . but feel like it might be a waits of money as my MPC live can do all that !
Iā€™d have a harder time getting rid of the Cycle .

Iā€™m still hoping they Make A Sick Machinedrum MK3 I donā€™t want to have to get the Alpha & RYTM II

3 Likes

The Digitakt is fun. I had it paired with the Mpc for awhile until I found myself just using the MPC for sound design then bouncing it all over to the Digitakt.

Eventually traded the MPC for a Machinedrum. I see you have one. Way fun. Get that new firmware X. 04! The unofficial firmware has killed my desire to play the Digitakt. Between the Octa, MD, & my Microkorg I have been having some great times.

I think a DT+DN gets one ā€œmostā€ of the way there, and some things on the side. Of course, combining them into a single unit, with the additional MD engines would be pretty amazing.

2 Likes

and a ā€œkitsā€ implementation like MD/MM/A4/AR! ::shakes fist::

6 Likes

Also, might as well have one analog channel from the A4 to make basslines with. :wink:

3 Likes

ā€¦and song mode for the guitarists.

6 Likes

Hey now!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Itā€™s an entry level percussion oriented box that packs a lot of power and fun at that price point. If they would have put another LFO it would have been a bit too powerful to consider their more expensive range from a marketing perspective.

Donā€™t see the issue that their arenā€™t that many preset included either. You have to leave some room for people to explore the engines as well. If not, buy a preset pack.

With the Tranfer app it is possible to share presets and kits quite easily so I donā€™t really see any smoke here.

2 Likes

What I hope Elektron considers building their next mid or high tier box is daring to go back to their roots as they have explored with Cycles.

Engine based synthesis, ctrl all functionality, extensive synth modulation and more sequencing modulation (slide function). Thatā€™s what makes the MD, MnM and Cycles great IMO.

The immediacy of the curated synth engines, as a start point, with the possibility to tweak them into something completely different that makes these boxes rewarding and a lot of fun. It makes you focus more on the composition than on sound design which should be the end goal of any musical instrument.

What I would like to see more of is the option to apply music theory. Cycles chord machine gives you chord options with inversions but it would be great to see suggestions of which chord progressions goes well together based on what you have entered on a track.

2 Likes

This would be a great thing to see in some current boxes as well. Different scales for AR would be amazing for the dual VCO and melodic samples. As is the chromatic mode on the pads makes it hard to get a feel for whatā€™s where.

ā€¦it looks like a taktā€¦but itā€™s notā€¦
ā€¦it has the same formfactor, but it has a brushed silver finishā€¦and an orange/red oled displayā€¦
ā€¦says something like machinery on itā€™s frontpanelā€¦
ā€¦it has 16 engines/machines to choose fromā€¦a various little collection of digisynth algorithm models on their ownā€¦some of those names sound weirdā€¦some pretty familiarā€¦
ā€¦sid, kick, sn, voice, chord, clap, buzz, metal, ringā€¦well, u name itā€¦u pick what u wantā€¦
ā€¦what is thisā€¦?..ah, the return off all the old swedish cult machines at onceā€¦
combined in one new little monsta machineā€¦
and with every next update, u might get, from time to time, a few more new weird little sound machines added to ur cult collectionā€¦
thatā€™s a killer productā€¦and it will comeā€¦

4 Likes

ā€¦16 independent machine slotsā€¦all with their dedicated plok seq lanes eachā€¦
ā€¦to be filled by various sound enginesā€¦those from machinedrumā€¦those from monomachineā€¦
also the sidā€¦
and also various further fx engines and synth algos uā€™ve never heard ofā€¦
each slot/track has two inner fx slotsā€¦
but u could also use fx engines as track/sound sourcesā€¦yeah, weā€™re talking neighbour trax hereā€¦
while u also got 16 miditracksā€¦including arp and key settings for allā€¦

slim fresh coding on the exact, already existing basic hardware setup of a digitoneā€¦
do it, sweden, just do itā€¦thatā€™s THE product u can sell for years to comeā€¦

5 Likes

hahaha amen BOSS .
Seen that video about a Thousand time ā€¦

people donā€™t seem to grasp the Ultimate possibilities of the Machinedrum .
Iā€™m just hoping to an Updated version .

DigiDrumTaktTone

2 Likes

Momachoctataktone

3 Likes