Speculation - New Elektron Machine (Sequencer)

Wouldn’t it be great if Elektron made a stand alone dedicated sequencer to control all MIDI gear? I know there are quite a bit of options like the OT, KP CARBON, Social Entropy Engine, Pyramid and so on BUT…

I think Elektron could top them all with their own Elektron Sequencer with special Fx’s and all the Elektron goodies. What do you guys think?

Indeed! I would love to see a 16 track MIDI sequencer with 4 MIDI outputs, and 4+ MIDI LFOs, and 8 CC#s per track.

Including:
[ul]
[li]The big screen, LFO designer and scale + length tricks of the OT.[/li]
[li]The rock solid CC# and program change sequencing of the MD/MM.[/li]
[li]The Performance macros, DIN sync outs, and trig conditions of the AR/A4 (but with greater layer-ability of the multi colored trig modes of the MM)[/li]
[/ul]

And of course scales, retrigs, ratcheting, ping-pong, random, etc. etc.

They can call it “Highlander”

Machinedrum? :wink: Granted it’s time for a revision.

of course there’s http://www.sequentix.com/ - I’m always just a bit gun shy on spending the money.

Simian Mobile Disco uses it - it must be good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV7c6gSqPkc

A midi sequencer with all the modern elektron sequencer goodies would be ace! I am not entriely sure if the current step seq resolution would be enough for general purpose MIDI sequencing tho - some MIDI fx for micromanaging timing aspects could fix this. But there should be enough polyphony for complex MIDI arrangements (the OT’s 8 channel approach wouldn’t cut it). 4 MIDI outs would be nice but 2 should be absolute minimum.

Perhaps if it came without any sound generating capability (aside from cv signals) they could make it to a slightly cheaper price point as well?

Also, the file management should be really solid with that one (ie. elegant and well thought out), as well as easy backups dumps…

one can dream… Thinking about this does make me wonder if an OT2 with analog filters and OB are planned tho - it could almost fulfill these tasks (and more) if the MIDI side was expanded a bit.

Two yeards ago I wrote in another forum nearly exactly the same :wink:

The next Elektron gear will be a Sequencer.
Same size and design like AR, A4, OT off course.
4 Midi Outs (4 x 16 Chanels), 4 x CV/gate out, Dyn/Sync I/O.
All Sequencer Features of the OT but more !
Neg/Pos Delay for every track to get all extern gear in perfect Sync
(Like ACME-4 or multiclcok)

2nd funktion:
A kind of Mixer. All Elektron machines (and others) are mixed together. Maybe 8 Faders for the Tracks of OT, A4 or whatever. Some Effekts inside and a kind of Mix/Effekt mashine like Roland XM-1.

I’m shure, something like that will come.

AND I WILL BUY IT !!!

:wink:

tm

lot’s of great ideas!

let me add:

• big screen for precise editing, but also intuitive “screenless” macro operation, where possible. ( as great as the circlon is, but - and i only have seen it a few times at a friend’s studio, for me it seemed like you have to watch digits and number comlumns a bit too much. But i might be wrong with this.)

• lots of midi fx functions like on the Kurzweil Midiboard, the EMU command stations, future retro zillion, octopus (tracks modulating each other), intelligent randomizing etc

Pretty much all of the above exists in the Cirklon…

Unlike Elektron, Sequentix responds to and implements feature request on a pretty regular basis. Excellent communication and support.

There is a reason why there is a waiting list…

Good things come to those who wait.

Considering the Cirklon is made in Scotland it is the Highlander. Sorry AdamJay you’ll just have to find another name… maybe the Viking or something. :joy:

1 Like

[quote="<+>"]
Considering the Cirklon is made in Scotland it is the Highlander. Sorry AdamJay you’ll just have to find another name… maybe the Viking or something. :joy: [/quote]
touché!
Okay then… I proclaim such a force to be ODIN!!

hey op, i changed the topic a bit … sounded like there was a new sequencer out by elektron…

Thanks for doing that, but I think that you should change “alleged rumor” to “Wish for” because there is not even a rumour that this is going to happen.

Thanks for doing that, but I think that you should change “alleged rumor” to “Wish for” because there is not even a rumour that this is going to happen.[/quote]
what the f**k is an alleged rumour, it’s an oxymoron surely (second language allowance notwithstanding)
the title is more annoyingly click bait now than before :-1:
plus it’s clearly in the wrong forum Mr Mod

I’d like to see them sort out the midi CC issue on the octatrack first.

Add “Unsubstantiated, yet completely plausible…” in front of “alleged rumor”, and then we’ll be getting somewhere! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Octatrack???

Thanks for doing that, but I think that you should change “alleged rumor” to “Wish for” because there is not even a rumour that this is going to happen.[/quote]
Agree 100%

1 Like

Clicked due to misleading title :frowning:

fixt

Agree with everyone else. This thread needs the title changed to “Wish for” or something along those lines, and moved to the General Discussion or Other Elektron Gear subforums.

1 Like