SPS1 not working.. need help

Hi !

I’ve just bought a second hand machinedrum SPS1, from a good friend of mine. The unit was working before shipping.
Once i got it… No way, it doesn’t powering up.

• I first check my AC adaptator : no probs, i’ve got a +6v AC at its output.
  • I opened the unit : no probs, everything seems to be ok ( no dead or burnt components)
  • The fuse is ok, and i get my AC power at its output.

The fact is that no power seems to leave the psu Board.

is there any schematic from this board somewhere ? Does somebody know which kind of voltages i should get, and where ??

i think a regulator has blown, but i can"t figure which one as i don’t really see how this psu is built…

Any help will be really appreciated, i so want it working back !

Cordially
Jean

Make sure all the connections between the boards are securely in place. Try reseating them. I have encountered a ‘d.o.a’ situation in the past that was remedied in this way.

thanks for the help.
I’ll check that tonight once in my workshop :!

Hey !
Well, no way, that’s not a connector problem.
I can’t get any positive or negative voltage from the board… Maybe the schotky diodes are dead ?

Sounds like you have issues with the power supply section… Just start tracing where you have power and where it stops and go from there… Sounds like you know what you are doing… Is it smd components?

Yap, i’ve got right AC voltage from the external power supply to the fuse.
The main problem is that i can’t find any corrected voltage.
And as i don’t have any schematics, it’s hader to trace correctly everything…

Maybe the shotkky diodes are dead, but… i would never see that before…

There are several regulators on the psu board : i should find a +/8v, +3.3v, 12v, but i can’t get them.

It’s a bit amazing, a i really hope that it didn’t damage the digital part of the unit…

Do you know people if Elektron is reactive ? I send them mails in the support section, but no answers yet… Maybe because this was the end’s year ?

They can be very slow when things are busy , but they will reply. I believe they only have 1 member of support staff, Cenk. On the plus side, he is very knowledgable and helpful.

Thanks Smais.
No doubt they’ll help me… But i’m a bit afraid that if i can’t fix it by myself, they will help me to repair it… I’ve bought the first gen Machinedrum, and it’s no more produced… And as they changed the power supply section for MKII, not sure they have spare parts…

Hope it’ll go the right way !

Ok !!
i’ve fixed it. Now it works… and sounds great !!
Just have a little problem but it’ll be explained in a new topic !