Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

It is two playing simultaneously!

I think you can save an unlimited number of projects on the sd card as long as you have some free space on the card

3 Likes

2 in memory at a timeā€¦ so you can swap a bit like 2 x turntables ?
otherwise you need to have all your songs in one project to play seamlessly

or, like my digitakt projects, theyre a mess with one main tune per projects and youd need to merge them in elkherd or just stop after each song and wait for a project to load.

or i may be completely misunderstanding it.

1 Like

Dual Sequencer (2 Projects)

16 tracks per project

8 patterns per track

1 Like

with two projects displaying simultaneously it would of been neat of they could of implemented a crossfader somehow.

canā€™t have everything tho i guess.

2 Likes

LOL. I forgot about the OMX-27 I built, and you will be happy, or frightened, to know that yes the T-1 has been in a cart.

1 Like

That makes more sense.

For sure. Iā€™ve used the CV on my Pyramid, like, twice. Squarp get MIDI like few others and their sequencers are (IMHO) worth the price for that alone.

I think of it like: thereā€™s this amazing core of a sequencer engine. And it happens to speak a few different languages including the one I care about. So long as it speaks to what I need it to, the most valuable part is that core sequencer. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m paying for, not the I/O.

2 Likes

I think you can switch between projects and launch clips of either projects simultaneously, so yes you can mix up 2 projects a bit like turntables! Not 100% sure though, but this is how I interpret it

1 Like

Man I am so excited about this!! Canā€™t wait to get my hands on one!

Seamless transition from one project to another - by having the 2nd project preloaded into memory - is the most interesting thing to me.

As much as I enjoy using my Roland MC grooveboxes and Octatrack, thereā€™s no such thing as seamless project to project transition on any of them - for my particular musical desires. I usually have to plan my set so that I play a solo piece on viola or something while loading up the next project.

3 Likes

Same here

1 Like

Thatā€™s not the same as loading a whole new Project though.

If you want to school me some more on the 101/707, letā€™s take the conversation here:

2 Likes

Iā€™m assuming here that if it can run two projects at once I could essentially have two individual songs/jams etc going at once and have a mixer somewhere so that I could blend between them

Iā€™m talking about loading a new project, not just clips and scenes. I never said loading clips and scenes without changing the project was not possible.

Anyway 101//707 specific talk should go on the other thread.

1 Like

No, youā€™re not understanding fully what Iā€™m thinking here.

I canā€™t explain without more off-topic posts

1 Like

This isnā€™t the thread for 707 talk, and certainly isnā€™t the thread for replies to replies about requests to move to a more appropriate channel to discuss semantics. Weā€™re asking for your help to prevent derailing the thread. Please lend a hand?

2 Likes

considering we donā€™t even have a single demo of the hapax yetā€¦ I suspect a bit early to be saying if the features are equivalent or not :wink:

2 Likes

So hereā€™s the now-controversial paragraph:

Hapax can handle two separate and independent projects, that can be played simultaneously. This lets you compose or load an entire project while the first one is already playing

So my interpretation if I can have one project that has my cover of ā€œEverybody Love the Sunshineā€ playing, have my 2nd project with my cover of ā€œRydeenā€ loaded, and be able to launch into ā€œRydeenā€ immediately if I feel like it. Those of you who are familiar with both these songs might have a better understanding of what iā€™m talking about than those who arenā€™t.

I donā€™t claim this is innovative. I do think however this is an interesting and useful feature.

2 Likes

It seems to be very powerful so color me intrigued!
But my brain doesnā€™t wanna gel with grids like that, no idea why (reallyā€¦ I can not handle more than 16 pads haha) but thatā€™s just ONE way of inputing/controlling it all so that could be my first hardware with a grid. The Pyramid is still a viable contender for me

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)