Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

I said nothing inaccurate. We can discuss this on the appropriate thread. I use the 707 regularly - not a hater at all - so I’m happy to learn whatever you have to teach.

1 Like

conditionals trigs and probabilities

and fill too per step.

OK, it’s not the way it works with the Hermod (don’t know for the Pyramid?). You can “lose” the velocity and use it as a percentage for the chance FX which is already nice but feels like a “trick”. A dedicated per step conditional trig/prob & fill system is getting closer to the Elektron way, like that!

The MidiREX can do it.

An advanced Pyramid with MPE support and a grid! I’m so fucking in. I love my pyramid - my favourite piece of gear, but it might be getting an upgrade!

1 Like

quit the bickering, please

16 Likes

Found a channel dedicated to the Hapax music already, that was fast ; ) Not exactly what I had in mind though

yea considering the project size has some limitations, this is a super important feature for performing a live set longer than 20 minutes.

I wish more devices could do this.

One of the reasons I love Elektrons is there is enough memory in a single project that such a feature is not necessary. But for the devices by other manufacturers that have more limitations to a single project’s memory, it would be nice.

5 Likes

Call the song “Roydeen” ; )

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve gotten into the habit of structuring one song per Project, as this seems to be encouraged on the Octatrack and other devices I have.

I don’t play music in which every single song in the set list is exactly the same BPM, same key, same time signature, etc.

That’s why loading more than one project at the same time interests me.

3 Likes

Interesting. For me, it’s the opposite. I see OT’s 16 banks and 4 parts per bank as an opportunity to get 64 tunes into a single project. Hehe. Of course it depends on how you structure your tunes, how many pattern variations you need, how much you need to tweak it live, what kind of music it is.

Hapax having 8 patterns per project though, that’s like half an OT bank. This dual project load feature is a must, no doubt.

4 Likes

Yeah, but you know the Hapax is gonna have better sound quality than the OT.

12 Likes

:exploding_head:

5 Likes

Looks cool so many great sequencers about right now!

Seems it’s available to order already, which is a great way to launch a product.

I’m hoping to get my oxione this month feels like they’ll be compared.

3 Likes

I haven’t figured out how to go from one song, meant to be played at one BPM, and structured particular way, to another song that is structured very differently, while staying within the same Octatrack project.

It could be that I simply haven’t put enough time into the applicable areas of study within the OT.

I just had a friend ask me why I couldn’t do this song I’m working on the Roland, on the OT too. I think technically I could… but I can’t think of a way to do it without taking the long way around, figuratively speaking.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ordered an Oxi One a few weeks ago. No idea when I’ll get it (supposedly April?). Hope I don’t regret getting it after this Squarp is in the wild. Really don’t want to have to buy another sequencer this year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic specs. Looks a bit big for my setup but I hope the used Pyramid prices go down, been meaning to get one.

1 Like

Do you have any time to reconsider ? Preorders can often be refunded. On the other hand they’re both going to be very good, so perhaps it won’t matter a lot for you.

I’m assuming I could get a refund, but at this point I can only speculate as to which I’d prefer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe because they’re based in France, but pyramids here often go on sale used around €400-450, which is a bargain