Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

if it’s that new one that just got uploaded a week ago for Summit/Peak, that’s CALC who works at Novation, and i believe does some amount of design on the synths (not sure). he’s got some great videos on the official Novation Youtube about them, the Hack Series is great for seeing those edges of sound design possibilities on the Peak. this is his recent deep dive on the 2.0 update:

2 Likes

can confirm :smiley:

Wow yeah didn’t realize that was Calc. Familiar with him on his Novation videos. So in a way it’s kind of an official Novation instrument definition :star_struck:

4 Likes

What are your iPad setups?

I’m wanting to use the Hapax almost exclusively with iOS instruments and am curious about anyone’s experience in this area!

1 Like

What would you like to know?
The Hapax will work no problem with your iPad. You will have 2x 16 midi tracks to control all the instrument apps and AUv3s you like. Pair it with AUM or ApeMatrix to set it all up on one screen / in one app. The Hapax is really great, I‘m currently using it my my Digitakt and MPC Live and it‘s great, intuitive fun.

Thanks for the reply. I was just looking for confirmation that it’ll work well.

Very excited at the idea of having a small setup.

1 Like

just went to order one and boooom, price is up

Wow - ordered mine just in time then. My unit was 864 euros + import of approx. 175 UK pounds. I wonder if that 1080 euro is inclusive of import duties - if not, that would be almost 1300 pounds total, which is quite high. I hope this doesn’t put buyers off as it’s a great machine!

Did you still order it?

the list price was not inclusive of import duties for prior orders (usually only an extra $40-ish in the states)

1 Like

Nope, can’t afford it now. Quite the price increase, especially if you live in New Zealand

Aw man, sorry, it is a bit of an increase! But I would say still definitely worth it if you can save up a bit more.

I was on the verge of ordering a Hapax yesterday night, and noticed the price increase. It is what it is. Not a big deal, but I will more than stay with my original plan and wait for units to arrive at domestic music retailers.

Any idea about the domestic retailer price?

Nope. I have not seen a price posted at US retailers.

Ouch. that’s a 20% price increase. Thats a lot more than “not a big deal” in my opinion. I had the hapax on my list of sequencers I want to try, but with it surpassing the 1k€ mark, I am out and keep improving my own one.

20% is around what the EUR has lost to the USD in the lasts months, so in average everything costs 20% more for the manufacturers purchasing in USD. I’m sure no one at Squarp team is happy to raise prices.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t blame them. I am quite sure, they have reasons for it, that are more than “Oh, lets raise the price!”. It just passed the threshold for me to skip that idea, and I personally think that 20% is enough, to leave the “not bit of a deal” area, at least in that price regions, we are talking about.
I am not sure, if the USD is a reason, because Squarp is a European company.

2 Likes

Everything China is purchased in USD, that also translates for services/products that depend on the USD market even within EU. Even if said EU company gets everything from EU, most probably there’s a few providers that acquires from USD markets, so the rise in price usually end up on individual customer to swallow.

This is my guess, I’m far from expert in this topic.

1 Like

Multitrack recording is not a feature yet ?