Squarp Instruments Hapax Polychronic Performance Sequencer

Not yet, I (feature) requested it, and it seems to be on the roadmap.

1 Like

Instrument definitions work now?

theyā€™ve always worked from launch, afaik (more are getting posted on the Squarp forums as more units go out into the world and people get their hands on them)

Yes, they work great. It came with the v1.10 update in July

Nah they didnā€™t exist at launch but very soon after. Itā€™s definitely been months.

I have at this point submitted 3 definitions myself.

Iā€™m considering tackling the S2400 but I would need multiple definitions based on the way the S2400 handles tracks with itā€™s different track types and it may not be worth itā€¦ like, at that point itā€™s probably better to just use a digitakt or an Octatrack lol.

Actually I think my Hapax crashes pretty reliably after some time when using instrument defs. Squarp confirmed they found something iffy and it will be fixed in the next release, though :v:

2 Likes

Yikes now thatā€™s a really huge price increase

1 Like

Does anyone have a stand they like for the hapax?

Iā€™d been holding off on the Hapax until it turned up in UK shops but Iā€™m getting the impression this is not likely to happen any time soon. Could anyone UK-based who bought a Hapax tell me how much it ended up costing with duties/tax etc? Iā€™ve been pretty cautious about big purchases from the EU after a couple of nasty experiences with the additional customs stuff post-Brexit.

Hi,
From Squarp forum, it will be Ā£150 or Ā£175 for customs and VAT charges

1 Like

Hi, cost me Ā£170 for import charges, and that was before Squarp increased the cost of the Hapax.

1 Like

Same for me

I use a desktop mounted monitor stand which works perfectly. I tried an under-desk keyboard tray, but it wasnā€™t deep enough for accessing all of the Hapax controls.

11 Likes

What a setup!

1 Like

Wow, you are not messing around when it comes to stands and mounts! Looks like a really fun place to create. So curious to see just to the left and whatā€™s going on between your monitors.

1 Like

Thanks. Lots of options for creativity, sometimes too many :slight_smile:
Nothing much interesting to the left but a pair of screens and empty desk spaceā€¦ā€¦and some trippy curtains :wink:

2 Likes

hah and a bluetooth speaker:) nice

1 Like

Itā€™s also got a line in so can be used as a handy alternative reference monitor :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the info everyone, just put my order in, fingers crossed I get it in November. Between this and the Assimil8or I might finally be putting the Octatrack back in its box. We had a good run :cry:

3 Likes