Stepping up my speakers

Just brought home a pair of Presonus Eris E5 XTs…probably could have made do with the 3.5s wanted to level up. Got a small rig, just Model cycles, Microbrute & DFAM for now. Turned the gain on the E5s down to minimum, mids & highs down to -6db. Low cutoff to flat. Acoustic space…? Idk. Mixer volume is at noon, and the level of my sources is supposed to stay up, right? Trying to do this right. Am I in the ballpark as far as setup parameters? Anything I should do different or check out?

1 Like

I had the 3.5’s and they served me sooo well.

Then I bought a Prophet 6 and wanted to go in.

I would have stuck with Presonus, which are low key great IMO.

Ended up going Kali Audio IN5’s because they are binaural.

All monitors are different in terms of settings, but you are pretty much on the money about the sources.

I would dial the DFAM back a notch though, it has a lot of frequencies that eat up headroom that you may not even hear.

Yeah the 3.5s get great reviews but I was getting a discount so I went for the 5s.
DFAM isn’t really my primary source anyway, i mostly use it to expand the Microbrute. M:C is usually running the show. I just want to make sure I take care of these & not mess them up. Usually not a LOUDER is BETTER type but just in case it’s better safe than sorry.

They do HIT tho! I’m reminding myself not to turn down the volume on my sources but to use tthe main volume on the mixer for decreses.

1 Like