Stopping Digitakt + Digitone but continuing to record with Ableton

Hi folks,

I just recently set up my Digitakt and Digitone with Overbridge and Ableton, and I want to stop playback on the devices but continue recording with Ableton so I can catch the sustained sounds at the end. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks in advance

I’ve never used Overbridge so I’m sure I’m missing something, but if you start both units by hitting start/record in ableton to send the midi transport messages, presumably if you just hit the stop keys on both of them Ableton would keep going and they would stop (sustaining the sounds)?

I’m probably missing something but that’s what I would try.

That doesn’t work, unfortunately :confused:
Ableton keeps them playing. You can double-tap the stop button to briefly cut all sounds, but playback keeps going regardless.

disable clock and transport in ableton and record after hitting play on the boxes? that should work.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a faff but you can always change pattern to an empty one… asuming you want to stop at the end of a pattern.

5 Likes

Don’t send MIDI transport OUT from the boxes.

+1 for @rockpapergoat 's suggestion. i only really use ableton for recording atm, so my setup is digitone slaved to analog rytm via midi, both going into ableton via OB, but with the clock and transport disabled in the OB plugin(s). hit record in ableton, then start machines and do whatever, then whenever theyre done i then hit stop in ableton.

You can mute all tracks on Digis at the end of a jam also (since they mute trigs, not audio itself)

1 Like