Super fast Ableton Template Frank Wiedemann, Sebastian Mullaert, Stimming & Deadmau5 learnings

Hello everyone, hope you had a great start to the new year! I’ve been MIA a bit after getting a horrid flu before Xmas and just now slowly starting to pull through it. Just wanted to see how everyone is getting on with the template / samples? If you have any feedback or suggestions for improvements I’m always happy for your thoughts. Have a good one!

1 Like

Welcome back! Just that :wink:

1 Like

I use it now every day, and the cliper trick alone is gold. I fine tune here and there but i concentrate mostly on music instead of mixing. (80/20 or 90/10).

1 Like

Thx :pray:t5:

1 Like

That s amazing to hear… I find myself doing the same. It s such a pleasure to mostly work on musical ideas and the mixes coming together sort of on their own :slight_smile: Great to hear that!

I have started covering a lot of topics related to music production, workflow, buying gear, synths, mixing etc. on my YouTube chanel. Here’s a link if you want to have a look: https://www.youtube.com/@ErikHeirman/videos

2 Likes

Hi @ErikH I just wanted to drop in and say thanks for sharing all this information and for the videos on your channel. I haven’t downloaded your templates or watched all of your videos (only just started dipping in) but I’m already enjoying watching your process.

Some of what I’ve seen already matches up with other videos and tutorials I’ve watched and what really sticks in my mind is the process of bouncing/recording to audio. It seems to come up time and again with music production tutorials I’ve watched over many years. In short - you need to commit to something and recording to audio is one way to do that. If you just have tons of tracks with MIDI and plugins and automation then it can quickly become overwhelming (at least for me) so I’m going to try to make an effort to come up with an idea or a loop or something and the bounce to audio so I can try to commit and then move forward.

I think there is a temptation to believe that you are “stuck” with something once it’s bounced to audio but we have so many tools and FX available that you can still work the sound and be creative if you want to. You can always re-record as well.

Anyway, thanks again!

2 Likes

Hey that s really great to read! Yes there s a lot of freedom and progress by commiting to things. I was really surprised once I realized that often the things I decide on within the first few minutes are the best. It s great if you can’t destroy a good idea by overproducing it :slight_smile: And you are absolutely right, if something does get messed in the recording pahse, it s ussually pretty easy to rerecord.
Really glad you are enjoying working with the template and the content on my channel. It s a lot of fun to do and feedback like this keeps me motivated. :raised_hands:t5:

Hello everyone I have created a discount code for my masterclasses coming up on Composition, Arrangement, Mixing and Mastering. With “elektronauts50” you get 50% off, seeing as my journey with Rapid Flow started in big part due to this forum :raised_hands:t4:

On these super condensed classes Inwill share my learning and best tricks from 25 years making music. As always there s a money back guarantee, so if it isn’t valuable to you, you don’t need to pay!

Hope to see some of you there. (Recordings will be made available if you can’t join in real time.)

Masterclass series starting in April