Super glitchy operation with Overbridge

Hi -

I have Digitakt and Digitone connected to my computer via USB using the Overhub. I’m using Ableton Live 11. I set up a project that uses Overbridge and has individual audio tracks for all the tracks on both devices.

I’m finding that things are very glitchy. For example, if I set up all the tracks to monitor the incoming audio, every several seconds there will be a bit of a glitch. Sometimes the devices (Digitakt vs. Digitone) seem to get out of sync. In fact, sometimes they will start out that way when I first hit play in Ableton.

I’ve also found that one or the other device will completely hang and stop responding, both to Overbridge and to the physical keys on the device, and the only way to get past that is to reboot the individual device, at which point things will work again for a bit.

Is anybody else experiencing anything like this?

As a side note, I’ve also found that a sure way to make either device go nuts is to have both MIDI and USB plugged in simultaneously. I am wondering if this is due to MIDI routing and perhaps a MIDI loop.

Had somewhat similar issues with my Rytm MKII … for me, before I moved to M1 Mac the issue seemed some sort of grounding issue (using a different arrangement of plugs/ extension cords seemed to make the difference) and then post M1 it seemed to be about getting the buffer and latency setting right in Overbridge Control Panel and Ableton. I don’t know if either of those help but after speaking with Support and a lot of trial and error that’s how I’m now getting reliable performance in Ableton 11 Beta.