Super tiny stereo mixer tool with panning

Thanks! Might wait!

You can get a sense of the size on the post below. Palm sized. It is the smaller box, which they pixelate green in closeup view.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpvSHt1ppbW/?igshid=Mzc1MmZhNjY=

2 Likes

I would say Yamaha MG06, without panning of mono channels, though…

No panning and on the expensive side of things. Nice FX loop tho.

No panning on that one.

Rolls, RDL, Palmer, and Radial are four of the niche pro audio companies that just kind of make bombproof problem solvers that don’t make a big deal out of themselves and just work.

Radial is top notch. Rolls, I’ve read some pretty bad reviews about hum and bleed, so, might try, might wait for the Bastl announcement. Or might try the Maker Hart which is about the same product as the Rolls MX28.

This is really a segment where I think the options are lacking for me. I really want something in between like the Maker Hart mixer and the Teenage Engineering TX-6.
I want something compact built well, offers plenty of USB audio options, under $500 hopefully. I have the TC Blender but it broke on me, and the form factor is weird and it doesn’t let me do an fx loop because it mixes in the 2 channels from USB with no way to disable it.
I think I might have the Keith McMillen K-mix in my future, but I really want an updated version with USB-C. They refreshed some other devices to add USB-C so I am hoping the next iteration will add it.

1 Like

Also found land mixer in grey – Land Devices

Although it seems discontinued and pricey it’s kinda what I want, except it has 5 lanes instead of 2 but that’s ok.

1 Like

@Normalogic you could use a Samson Mixpad4, a small but sturdy analog mixer that meets all your requirements. I’m selling one if you are interested. Also has phantom power and runs on batteries.

1 Like

Not a bad option but a bit too big and featured I’m afraid :slight_smile:
(Already got A Mackie 802VZL4)

Is the 1010music Bluebox too big?

Interesting. I’ve had great luck with them, and I’d put them in a different category than either Hart or Bastl. YMMV, though.

I would have suggested it but I think it busts the budget ?

1 Like

this looks neat also, little more capable. bout DT sized though.

also a little more room to grow.

and $140 is pretty reasonable…

I’m a bit confused by what you’re trying to achieve?

You have two K-2’s that are both single voice mono output synths yeah? And you have them poly chained to become a two voice synth played from one midi channel?

Doesn’t this leave you with a two voice mono output synth that just happens to be output on two cables?

I would be using a summing cable that has two TS plugs on one end and a single TS plug on the other end, and then going into the pedal with its input switched to mono.

Or is it that you wish to be able to simulate the K2 having oscillator panning? But then you will probably lose the spread as soon as you plug into the pedal depending on your wet/dry settings. It’s a shame eventide haven’t provided a block diagram of the pedal.

1 Like

I might be wrong but I think he’s after mild stereo panning

I think this is it

Holy inflation - got mine for $400 in 2020

Fair enough. I thought so too, and it definitely makes the options of poly chained synths more interesting.

Would just be a shame if the inputs on the pedal don’t behave as hoped and it’s mostly cancelled out anyway. But it sounds like OP has options with his other devices to test how the pedal responds and how much of the original stereo image is preserved.

1 Like

How about a Volca Mix? 2 mono and 1 stereo input and stereo out. While there’s no panning control for the mono channels, they each have a “stereo widening” control explicitly targeted at making mono signals “fuller.” Cheap, too.

1 Like

BOSS BX-4 – Could be an option? With some luck you can find one under 50€.

2 Likes