Super weird behaviour of both AR and A4

Hey

Suddenly both boxes act very buggy and I have no clue why.
On my AR mk2 the delay send on the BD channel always sends 100% no matter what I dial in.
On my A4 mk2 some patches have suddenly a bug with frequency parameter of F2. An increase of 30 would turn the filter in HPF mode fully up.

I’ve tried restarting for several times, changing sounds and kits but nothing worked so far.

Since I got the A4 a few weeks ago I also had multiple freezes on both boxes. Never happend before on the AR alone.

Anyone has a clue whats going on?

Might you have a MIDI loop, or bad MIDI leads?

Can you describe your MIDI configuration?

Thanks for the fast reply :wink:

I send Midi from A4 to AR and via AR Midi Thru to a Minilogue. Midi out of the Minilogue is connected to Midi in of the A4.

Haven’t changed that since I got the A4 and it worked well so far.

Problem with delay still there after I disconnected all Midi cables :confused:

This is a MIDI loop.

It probably got messed up when the Minilogue sent back into the loop what it got via the THRU.

You have to cut the MIDI loop. I suggest you don’t send any MIDI into the MInilogue, if you are using it as a controller.

1 Like

The way you currently have the MIDI connected will be OK (i.e. not a loop) if you set the Minilogue MIDI channel to match the A4’s auto channel and turn local off on the Minilogue.

Thank you.

When I disconnect all MIDI cables + reset/disable all MIDI settings on the AR it should go back to normal but it doesn‘t. Or am I missing something?

Thats what I did. I didn‘t even turn on the Minilogue for the last few days.

You will have to check which parameters got changed and reset them manually. For example the delay send.

1 Like

Also just make a fresh project to make sure that it’s not happening there. Then you can hunt down the offending parameter in your current project/track by comparing them to an ‘unit’ track.

That‘s the weird thing about my issue. Delay send shows 0 and nothing happens when i turn it.

Also happens in fresh project. Maybe I should get in touch with elektron support.

What happens if you temporarily remove the midi between minilogue and A4, does it work ok?

That’s strange. Maybe you disabled your encoders? Set them to INT.

1 Like

Yeah, interesting. I’d factory reset first. Back up your projects and sounds first with transfer.

1 Like

Found the delay „bug“. It was the delay send of EXT IN on the A4 :sweat_smile:
Problem with A4 F2 range + freeze are maybe MIDI related so I will check with different settings.

Thank you all for your kind responses, this is the single best forum on the internet.

3 Likes