SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I can confirm it worked.

After a slight delay my keys came through and I got a licence for Bitwig studio registered to my account which came out at £160 when converted by Paypal.
Pretty good deal
Doesn’t seem to require proving which DAW you are crossgrading from.

6 Likes

Excellent. Food for thought for this weekend!

buy it, it was an excellent soft synth in its previous iteration and they seem to have only added to the goodness with this one, yeyeye :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know phase plant personally, but if I have to invest in a VST instrument I’d start with u-he stuff.
Hive + Satin should be a good start.
They are almost a reference, nothing wrong with phase plant, I heard good things about it.
Just my thought, YMMV.

3 Likes

VPS Avenger
109US

I’m not going to dissuade you from grabbing Snap Heap because it’s free right now. What’s the harm in installing a plug-in that you might never use if you don’t have to pay for it? :innocent:

As for Phase Plant, I would encourage you to really think about what you want in a softsynth (or two) to complement what Renoise already offers you. Once you know what the tools you currently have can’t do for you, consider the vast array of free softsynths available: Vital, Helm, Surge XT, Dexed, Triple Cheese, Pendulate, Noise Engineering’s VSTs, the Full Bucket stuff, etc. Can you use one or a combination of these to get the job done? If so, then hold off on something like Phase Plant. It will go on sale again. This isn’t your only chance to scoop it up at a discount. Also look at the numerous other paid softsynths (Pigments, LION, Serum, Omnisphere, Animoog Z, etc.) and how they compare to Phase Plant, both in features and price. Those will also often be available on sale at various times throughout the year. Try not to succumb to sale-induced GAS, especially when it comes to software.

5 Likes

Great advice

I had a similar pondering recently and ended up going with Pigments over Phase Plant.

Phase Plant is theoretically more powerful and beloved of pro sound designers but Pigments is also very powerful and designed to be very easy to learn and understand which was more important for me.

2 Likes

Millennia tcl2 from plugin Alliance for 25 quids. Just bought it. Listen to the demos, I really liked what it did to the material.

1 Like

Can’t really go wrong with any of these “super synths” - Pigments, Phase Plant, Equator 2, Massive X, etc etc…they are all great in their own way.

I own all of them (and more), personally I love having the variety in my plugin folder, but I also totally understand the approach to hand pick one tool for each function and call it a day (what I do with hardware).

1 Like

I agree with @DaGeek about looking into U-He. I have a lot of Softsynths (including Phaseplant) and I think U-He are the best. I also think they’re fairly priced considering the quality and support. Hive2 is an absolute beast if you want something fast and fun to do sound design with and Diva is great if you want those old analog vibes ITB.

3 Likes

I’m just going to echo this sentiment. I’ve bought a ton of soft synths over the years and stopped being impulse driven once I got into the uHe stuff. They’re beautifully put together, reliable and sound amazing. They’re a very solid company as well, so they’re not going to disappear next year.

3 Likes

I agree with everyone else, you can catch phaseplant or a similar powersynth on sale. I was actually looking at the phaseplant complete bundle when the price dropped, but I just got a new music laptop that is running all my VSTs well for the first time in a while, and I already have Tone2 Icarus2 and Arturia Pigments that regularly brought my old machine to its knees, so I’m going to have a more thorough exploration of those two before I do anything.

In the paid realm, I agree that u-he Hive would be worth a look if you want to cover most softsynth bases, and Diva is still my single favorite VST ever for doing what it does very well.

And in the free realm, Vital is what finally made wavetables make sense for me after years of not getting it with Pigments.

I’m pretty sure summer sales will start within about 6 weeks, I’d just play around with Vital until then.

2 Likes

@hausland, @DaGeek, @tentakill, @Bemo, and @White_Noise thank you for the wise words. I’m going to hold off. More skills and more money is better than more software :0)

6 Likes

iOS Klevgrand DAW Cassette is reduced from $12.99 to $7.99, the lowest price since November 2020. Not tried it myself but looks the business for iOS users looking to grunge-ify their sound.

Eventide Memorial Day H3000 plugin sale.

€74,95 for H3000 Factory
€46,95 for H3000 Band delays

1 Like

Are these worth getting? The UI looks kinda old school but I know the H3000 is widely loved… I believe Shpongle used it a lot and they had some pretty mind bending effects going on

1 Like

Can’t even do the trial as apparently I did it years ago, stupid iLok! So any feedback welcome.

Ever heard of the Linn Drum?

Well, the Linn Drum is an iconic drum machine, that has probably shaped the sound of the 80s like nothing else.

Although it still has a great character, it lacks punch and simply doesn’t sound “processed” enough, as measured by today’s standards.

We didn’t want to let that sit on us and decided to modernize those iconic drum sounds to have better transients, be louder, and sonically more refined!

Get your free copy HERE

Now have a great Sunday with this gem! :slight_smile:

• Luis (BVKER)
9 Likes

Interesting. Downloaded just now. Thank you!!

Here’s my Plugin Alliance $75 coupon. They changed things a bit and now you have to spend more to use it, but still a good deal.
I’m officially done buying software for the rest of the year. If anyone is looking for something good, I’ve been enjoying Unfiltered Audio Tails lately (interesting take of gate-reverb of sorts, works pretty good but can cook the cpu a bit).

2022-06-752DY587

5 Likes