SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Well darn! I’ve been trying out Shadow Hills Class A today and now I have to buy it. Was also trying out SPL Iron too. Both are great but I prefer the SH Class A.

48h Flash Sale at Black Rooster Audio, 60% off their RO-140 (plate reverb), Magnetite (tape / saturation), and VPRE 73 (preamp).

Use code FLASH60 at www.blackroosteraudio.com for the saving.

I have a couple compressors of theirs and they are really nice.

Plugin Alliance has reset that $20 off code yet again. Gonna have to grab a third free plugin before this sale ends.

3 Likes

Devious Machines Infiltrator is currently 30% off. It’s an interesting multi-FX, with built in sequencer and envelopes. I’m very close to buying it, even though I know I could do what it does in Bitwig with my other VSTs, but looks like a nice interface/environment and the FX sound good.

1 Like

Falcon 2 is on sale for 244US / 244EUR until October 18

For my edrummers using superior drummer

They have a 3 for 349 deal at toontrack

I’m kicking myself because I just bought “Fields of Rock” which has drum kits recorded in the same studio where “Where’s the Story morning Glory was recorded”. This expansion is part of the bundle too.

1 Like

Kush Audio has a sale running today on both SW and HW. I just snatched up the REDDI plugin at a discount.

1 Like

Always been intrigued by Falcon but wondered if it was a case of “jack of all trades and master of none”. Anyone here have opinions on it? How is the workflow / ease of use. How does it compare to Kontakt (which I never got along with although it has been several years) and Omnisphere which I find quite intuitive?

I had it a number of years ago and there’s probably been a good few features added since I sold it… however, I’d probably describe it as a “jack of all trades and master of most, but not the quickest to program”. It sounds really good, and has some really interesting feature but it’s a complex instrument to setup the multitude of routing options, splits, layers etc etc. The comparison with Kontakt is apt - there is so much you can do with it but for me it wasn’t intuitive enough.

I’ve often thought that if UVI created a number of standalone VSTs, each based on a different synthesis type and with a more streamline interface they’d probably sell a ton.

Yeah, I’ve owned it for a few years now, & would echo what @jeye_musik said above. Tons of features, and incredibly flexible, but I keep forgetting how to structure instruments & somehow don’t find it intuitive, so am not using it for the main purpose I bought it for which is a powerful sample-based synth. Some of the features are great though, particularly the IRCAM granular stuff, which has been fun to play around with (when I can recall how to route things!).

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and that is what I feared. I just watched a UVI promo of the new sequencers in Falcon (2.5?) and those look amazing though.

@apeirophobe I agree. I caved in and bought Falcon 2.5 this weekend. The presets are nice and get you into music making. The oscillator quality and sampling engine all sound really good. There is an argument that you can get many soft synths to cover the ground that falcon has. That is correct. The big selling point bough is the synthesizer and the sampler are contained in one workstation. If you got money to burn then go for it.

1 Like

Yeah, Falcon is super deep and powerful, easily the deepest virtual instrument I know of. However, it’s made for the sort of person who wants extreme control over every possible aspect of their sound, which is both good and bad. I’d only recommend it if you’re a serious sound design nerd; otherwise, the complicated UX (which is necessary given how deep it is) will be more pain than it’s worth.

To be fair, though, there are excellent expansions that are basically entire VST instruments in their own right, eg Drum Designer and Beatbox Anthology. Although you can use those expansions in UVI Workstation, which is free, they really come alive in Falcon where you can do additional tweaks to the base instrument.

1 Like

I dunno … this video makes it all look quite intuitive but I do see the similarities with Kontakt.

Anyway, I have derailed this thread enough and will create another topic if needed.

Sweetwater has a sale right now on XLN Audio software. So if you like your lofi jams, the RC-20 Retro Color plug-in is only $69 (compared to $99) :+1:

I got a few of their plugs because off the sale promo’s.
I don’t use them much, but it is really nice stuff, will probably pick this one up too.

Might wanna hang on until black Friday, usually have a great deal for the entire bundle if you own one or more plugs

1 Like

Goodhertz will give you a big discount on your first purchase with them if you use their plugs to make some music and post it somewhere, when I did it I got 50% off and bought the whole bundle, all I did was make a little beat, use their plugs and post it to Soundcloud. you can post it anywhere though… email them the link and they’ll promptly send you back the discount code

4 Likes

One day I will do this, if only for Vulfcomp…

2 Likes

exactly what I was thinking, started listening to their other plugs and thought can’t pass this up

1 Like