SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Can’t recommend these creative tools from NE more.
Not only are the sound-engines expressive and flexible (esp. Basimilus), but the modulation system is revolutionary (for me, at least.) Just about everything can be modulated by the LFOs and other modifiers; the modifiers can be modified as well!
I use mine with the Octatrack’s seq for maximum pleasure.

4 Likes

well, it’s a sale! FabFilter has 25% on everything…

https://www.fabfilter.com/shop

7 Likes

Traktion has, 64% off on their different plugins :

https://www.tracktion.com/

What do you think the difference is to the iOS versions?

They aren’t on sale, but still way cheaper.

have no idea honestly and there’s no info on the website at all, looks like they sell ios versions on app store only. I think that you can’t use the ipad version on a pc/mac/non-ios daw, but not sure…

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.

Good Hertz has their annual 30% off sale with up to 48% when bundling.

https://goodhertz.com/order/

3 Likes

I’ve took the plunge on the FX bundle today. :+1:

I’ve been deliberating Fabfilter plugins for a long time, they’re obvs good and highly rated, and, I’ve been thinking lately how I like the idea of having a collection of collections to cover all plugin duties.

My plan is to stick to the following collections;

• Fabfilter
  • Soundtoys
  • Valhalla
  • Arturia FX and V Collection
  • iZotope

…and, hopefully, stop myself getting distracted by all the promo/BF deals.

6 Likes

same, I don’t really need any synths but the fx and the pro plugins are very powerful and I really love the design!
also planning to stick with them instead of constantly evaluating endless stuff

3 Likes

Sonarworks is having a black friday sale of… something off starting… sometime? I’m guessing if you check later this week those values will actually be filled in.

Anyway, if you mix with headphones in a DAW I highly recommend SoundID. It levels out your cans so you don’t have to jump to 20 different devices to get an even mix. It can also simulate playing from PC speakers, earbuds, in the car, etc. so you can get a sense for how your mix performs in different environments without leaving your seat. It’s been a huge time saver for me.

3 Likes

Sorry to go back-to-back, but Plogue is also having a sale: Plogue | Store

If you’re into retro chip tunes at all, these soft synths are must-haves. Chipsynth MD is the best YM2612 emulator on the market. Chipsynth SFC is the only SNES tool I can think of outside of trackers. The cool thing about these is they both also function as players for native dumps from your favorite ROMs (VGZs and SPCs and stuff). And they load the patches they’re playing as they’re playing them back so you can see how the sounds were created. It’s a ton of fun.

The Chipsounds plugin is a little old now, but does great NES and SID sounds. And I’ve never owned a DX7, but judging from reviews and their work on the MD, I’m guessing Chipsynth OPS7 is pretty darn close. Sounds great to me.

Good manuals, too.

7 Likes

Chipsynth MD saved me from buying a MegaFM and OPS 7 is a fantastic DX7 emulation. I was using Dexed for years but bought OPS 7 immediately after trying it.

One of my favorite things is both have a Randomize feature. It might take a dozen clicks but I’ve got some really interesting sounds that way.

3 Likes

PortaFM is also great, has a lovely naive sound and is more useful than it might appear at first glance. I haven’t used Chipcrusher as much but it’s nice having that SNES delay on tap.

I might pick up SFC this time around, I have the FM ones.

2 Likes

is that a subscription or one time buy for a version of this software?

Spitfire, I’m waiting for you ! :smiley:

4 Likes

Good plan. I was waiting for the Fabfilter sale (I want Pro-C and Pro-Q). Just waiting for Oeksound and that’ll do me for software for now!

1 Like

I wanted only the creative effects on last Fabfilter sale and ended up with almost everything. Well, the “Pro” line.
The thing is that once you have at least one of their plugin, the next ones are increasingly cheaper and cheaper… And this discount adds to the black friday. So now, if I would like to buy the Twin 2 synth, it would be 55% off for me…

Overloud Plugins just went on sale. I really wanna grab Dopamine, but I was hoping for a better price. Still on the fence w/ this one since I just blew my wad on the Soundtoys bundle. But damn, Dopamine sounds good!

double check the soundtoys calculations …i had a few different numbers when ordering the same thing … and if you get free little radiator you can use the ‘upgrade’ to get the pack for $219 (plus taxes ??? ) … … though i think buying the pack for $229 ended up cheaper due to tax calculations.

as a say… double check the final cost.

How are the sound toys plugins holding up in 2022? A lot of them are getting pretty long in the tooth and seem to be missing features I find very useful (for example decapitator doesn’t have oversampling, a distortion plug-in with no oversampling seems crazy to me).

Also if I got one plug-in bundle… do you all think it should be soundtoys or the arturia fx one?