SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I demo’ed Soothe2 and found that I get more musically useful results if I just go ‘old school’ and use a standard EQ to notch any offending resonances. If it gets to a point where I need to use something like Soothe, it’s probably better to re-track it, re-mix, it, or trash it altogether.

1 Like

I see it’s strengths in dynamic material where it’s hard to use simple eq. It can work wonders in such situations.

1 Like

Noise Engineering has all their hardware modules and plugin versions on sale for 15% off with code MIXNMASH on their site until november 28th. If you are planning on buying all the plugins, the plugin bundles 1 & 2 are already discounted each from $150 down to $120, and the 15% off code works on them as well bringing the price down even further, so definitely go for the bundles for the best discount.

2 Likes

Hah, I downloaded soothe 2 to demo on a mix I am working on right now where a synth had a bunch of harsh resonances, and also one of the claps was hurting my ears. I think I am going to have to buy it, waiting until black friday hopefully. On the synth it sounded a lot more dynamic than a static eq notch that made the synth a little flat sounding. Nothing else I did could fix the clap besides soothe.

2 Likes

Anyone used their vsts? I always wanted a bia when I was buying modular but as a vst it doesn’t seem to appeal as much.

I haven’t used the plugin versions other than their freequel bundle which sounds amazing. Apparently these software versions sound identical to the hardware, with the added benefits of saving patches, great randomizations, and polyphony. I can imagine at some point they will port them to vcv or some other modular software since the code is all there.

I am definitely going to at least get the Basimilus plugin to create drum sounds to sample into the Rytm, which should produce fantastic sounding results with the analog distortion, compression and of course the elektron sequencer :wink:

3 Likes

My experience as well. I was surprised at how good they are! The interface je a bit of an acquired taste but lots of variation with small number of controls if you’re into that sort of thing.

1 Like

Try (demo) the TEOTE I recommended few posts above. It is cheaper and even they do sometimes some sales. It depends on the source material (but what doesn’t), but sometimes the results are great. If you didn’t hear about it, the name is in short “That’s Easier On The Ear”.

2 Likes

Yeah I got the free stuff and they do sound great. My excitement with the bia wasn’t just the sound though but the possibilities of what other modules to patch it with. A port to vcv rack would be great or if they made their own modular system to patch their vsts and brought some of their sequencing and modulation modules in

Algonaut Atlas 2 is 50% off.

AAS has a sale on. Chromaphone 3 is quite a nice and unique one in my book.

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/promo/

6 Likes

Great shout o the AAS sale. Lounge Lizard (+packs) is heavily discounted right now and is a a must for anyone making lo-fi hip hop or house. Gorgeous electric oiano tones.

1 Like

Pianoteq 8 is 25% off

https://www.modartt.com/

2 Likes

All the M1 machines are fine for production, although the Pros offer more headroom. The question is, do you need it. But if you load in a few VSTs and whatnot, it’ll be ahead of an old Intel machine. Here’s some real world tests with VSTs and whatnot on a Mac Mini. I’m using an M1 iMac, and on the one hand, yeah it’s a computer. It works well. But it’s also quiet, fast and does the job, and you almost take for granted the fact that the fans literally never spin up and it just chugs away with what you’re doing. If you’re not likely to hammer VSTs & sample libraries and have a workflow like the first video, then M1 is a good option, with some decent sales on these machines. If you’re pushing beyond that, then there is a case for the Pro. Another consideration is using the M1/M2 with external boxes. For a more mixing & mastering workflow, this guy tested the (base) M2 Macbook Air vs a fully specced MBP. Both might be worth a watch.

2 Likes

Also noticed the nice Arturia upgrade price for those with other purchases from them. I have a Microfreak, but Pigments at £69 is tempting for the granular side of things.

1 Like

Pigments is imo hands down the best itb instrument available at the moment. At that price you won’t be disappointed

7 Likes

Struggling between Pigments and Arturia FX

Will prob grab my usual 1 Neural DSP plugin also

1 Like

Only had it few days and I think it’s replacing diva as my fav vst.

1 Like

Where is the Studio One Black Friday sale?

1 Like

Cheers. It looks a good combo of depth and immediacy. The videos of people chucking in samples look really good, and that’s before looking at what the synth itself does.