SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Stepic is top, its eurorack sequencing in Abelton just faster and gives very good results, timing is also very good, i sequence my P12 Module with it, i can recommend it, also recent update was free for existing users. One of the best purchases with Shaperbox this year.

1 Like

Are these Kush audio plugins working with M1 apple macbook and Live 11? I downloaded a demo before purchasing (been waiting for a deal on Kush) But I cant see them in my plugin folder…

Sorry, I can’t help with this. I moved from Apple (old intel macbook) last year. And don’t use Live either…

1 Like

30% off at Madrona Labs, Aalto is another of the best sounding VSTs IMO. Kaivo probably is too if you’re better at getting decent sounds out of resonators than I am :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I liked the idea of Kaivo, but was not able to get satisfying results when demoing as well. Aalto I have only the one voice free CM edition and it really sounds good. I am interested in yet to be released Sumu - the concept is very interesting. But after some “preview” almost exactly one year ago, there is silence again…

2 Likes

Haha yeah, I still regularly check the Sumu thread on KVR to see if there’s any news. I’m not sure it can live up to expectations at this point to be honest, but the concept still intrigues me!

1 Like

I don’t know if I overlooked it, buit Audiothing is also having a sale as every year :wink:

I already have Hainbachs Wires Plug In (absolutely love it) and the Alborosie Dub Station (also very nice, but a bit expensive maybe). I am thinking of getting the Outer Space Plugin (A roland Space Echo emulation) and maybe some of the other Hainbach stuff.

Also you get a free filter bank plug in called Things Bubbles with every purchase.

Wow, this sounds like an advertisement… Sorry for that.

1 Like

I plan to get few of these later. They have a selection of apps at $9 which is a bargain

If you already have something, check your account. For example I get an additional discount on Outer Space because I own the Dub Station already.

1 Like

I get a discount on the Latin percussion machine

1 Like

To my knowledge they are still X64. I use Studio One and Bitwig and can see the plugins in both. Bitwig enables access to X64 plugs while running in M1 native mode. If I‘m not mistaken, I run Studio One in Rosetta mode to see all plugins and also benefit from ARA integration with Melodyone.

1 Like

they haven’t even announced a timeline for M1 native updates of their plug ins. they’ve been absolutely silent on the matter.

1 Like

That’s where I buy my superior drummer expansions from when it’s time for new releases

1 Like
1 Like

Allright Thanks. After some reinstall i got it in my list but i couldnt put them on a track so i dont think i can use them. Bummer, would love some Kush in my tracks…

Can’t see this on their website as was looking at Aalto - is it somewhere else?

Now, folks, I’m gonna have a little public service notification that I tend to throw in here from time to time.

Even though there are crazy, crazy prices floating around, don’t forget to take a step back, and think: Do I need this? Will I actually use it?

Signed guy who doesn’t want to calculate the amount of money he’s spent on unused plug-ins.

37 Likes

He doesn’t seem to publicise these things very strongly, you have to add something to your cart then the discount should show up. I only found it because I vaguely remembered it being that way before.

Indeed, it’s a bit anti-Black Friday but I’ve actually just been going through all my stuff trying to figure out what I can offload/uninstall, what overlaps with what, what I can achieve by some other means etc. Doesn’t feel like long since I did similar but VSTs seem to pile up without you even noticing, especially things like Airwindows plugins.

2 Likes

very wise question to ask, I wanted FabFilter stuff forever so I got it, great comp, eq, limiter(!), saturation plugin, amazing reverb, amazing delay, I knew I wanted it.

almost got hyped into buying the Soundtoys bundle as well, but stopped myself knowing that it would be too much overlap for most plugins (more delays and reverbs and saturations) and I don’t really need them, so I stopped myself there.
my goal was getting better tools for mixing and from my pov FabFilter is the correct choice.

also I tried calculating how much it would cost me getting some good quality hardware - mixer, boum / heat, some quality reverb / delays would cost much much more then the fabfilter bundle so I knew I’m getting good value as I want to keep using daw as a mixer / recorder.

it’s easy to get hyped and buy stuff so it’s important to have a clear goal!

4 Likes

I would sign your signed notification as well. This time I’ll probably buy only that new Tone Projects plugin I mentioned earlier.
I have the Arturia, Soundtoys, Fabfilter, Voxengo… But for compressor and saturation I use almost exclusively Unisum and Kelvin at the end… Luckily there are other useful things in those bundles, but also lots of overlap. I would do without Arturia FX and Soundtoys complete…