SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I don’t get ya…?

Their hardware support is horrible too.

As said by brian3kb above, that’s a major issue for me. I only bought Sunset reverb which is great, I still wonder if taking the plunge for Max is really necessary for my setup…

Fortunately, the “Sounds Reactivation Credit” is only needed for their samples based products (SampleTank packs, Syntronik instruments), the other plugins mostly allow downloads as needed through their product manager software. There is also a $20 “License Transfer Credit” so moving stuff along even costs you!

I have seend on their own forums that the transfer credit is required for hardware products that have accompanying software, like their Uno Synth Pro, which I have - but have not yet registered it, if a decent firmware update comes along for it, I won’t have much choice but to register to get access to that download though.

And it’s also a shame, as I do like their products, and they have great sales a few times per year.

2 Likes

Corrected my post. I meant the Iridium is close to a hardware version of Pigments, curious why you don’t like it.

The download thing is a little annoying: to be exact, you have 180 days after purchase to download the sound libraries for the entire package (the apps themselves don’t have a download expiry date - so eg Modo Bass, Amplitube Max etc are not affected by this). After those 180 days, you’ll have to pay 10€ once to add another 180 days to your full package. I don’t think that’s cool but I could live with that if the software were amazing.

I really love Modo Drum, I’m surprised by how great it is. That’s what makes me interested in TS3.5Max in first place…but reading elsewhere about Sampletank 4, that don’t seem worth the GB…the orchestra sounds ok, but again, there’s better for the GB (but probably not cheaper)…and Syntronik 2…well I also have Arturia’s V collection 9 and a bunch of other stuff, so not sure if that would add lots of value…

And re amp sim, I alwys tried to stay away from Amplitube as I felt it sounded dead, but my interest in TS3.5Max had me research it and there are plenty of positive voices out there for version 5, in particular their fender collections…that said I have NeuralDSP plugins and S-Gear so not really in need for more…

It’s a weird one — for that price it should be a nobrainer, but something about IK Multimedia and their variance in quality and their business practices (the internet is littered with reports of poor customer service) that STILL has me sceptical of the value of their TS3.5Max even at 99€ outright…

2 Likes

The pros and cons make the deal even more confusing :rofl:

1 Like

I have IK multimedia software and took me over a week to download syntronik 2 sounds.

Total nightmare, would take a day to download one or two synths and support was useless. Was directed to a forum then asked to put in a query which never got a response

I did get a response in the forum which was generic suggestions from a help guide.

Was almost deleting all their software of my computer at one point. In the end I deleted it all, formatted my external drive and started again. Took another day but got there eventually

Was an update recently with a new synth. Tried to install the update and it doesn’t work so gave up

Total shite

Happy with the software though

2 Likes

I’m sure the Iridium would be great, but I don’t want a new synth to learn, especially one that deep. I don’t want to commit the time to learn it at the expense of time I can be making music… and, as I have a PolyBrute and Pigments, I would rather keep with the workflows of what I’m familiar with (which the Minifreak V does btw). It’s why I have 3 Prophets and 3 Analog Fours… :grinning:

I would be quite interested to see an Analogs 12 performance.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I have one, but if there ever was a hardware version of Pigments, I’d probably replace the Iridium with it in a heartbeat.

I’m glad I saw this as I was listing my uno synth pro desktop for sale but now that you have to pay to transfer it so they can update it I might not bother

What a pain

I get get greedy and borderline scammy vibes from them

3 Likes

Live 11 Suite + Push 2 is now $999.

There are a few stores in Europe that always sell this bundle for around €799.

I once bought this same bundle second-hand, sold the Push and almost scored a profit lol.

Audio Plugin Deals has Arturia Fragments on sale for $49 right now.

3 Likes

It’s one of the best things in FX Collection.

However keep in mind that FX collection is sometimes $99 if you have V Collection already and it has about 20 other VSTs.

4 Likes

Oh interesting, when I bought the fx collection it was not included, but I just went to my account and now it is there…

1 Like

Hi software buying ninjas, I have a question about how best to go about buying of VSTs.

Do you prefer to:

• Just get the plug ins you want (either full price or on sale for those who run discounts regularly) for a clean/focussed plugin setup
  • Wait until one of those ridiculous Black Friday bundle offers to get both the plug-ins you want, plus others to explore for when you get bored of them
1 Like

I explore demo versions beforehand over a period of time to figure out if I’m just gassing or if the plugin is something I need, while gaining knowledge about historical sale prices. There are many: Black Friday, Christmas Sale, Winter Sale, Summer Sale etc. Some developers don’t have sales or only occasionally. Others find excuses to have their plugins on some kind of sale most of the time. It pays off to know about this before you buy.
Happy hunting and enjoy the gas :wink:

2 Likes