SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Do you find that Pigments gives you a Virus type of sound ?

Audio Damage Black Friday sale is up. I liked their plugins and blog, back when I was more ITB.

1 Like

Stay away from UAD then too. Same deal, all the plugins installed every time.

I wouldn’t really compare the two but I do love wavetable synthesis. As soon as I tried Pigments I knew it was capable of some beautiful textures.
Plus it’s the Pigments sequencer that caught my interest also.
I’m happy for now.

1 Like

Atlas 2 now at 50% off for Black Friday

2 Likes

U-He Zebra 2 was always the one synth people generally thought could be a Virus replacement.

Howard Scar did a lot of the most well known presets for both the Virus and Zebra. I believe there are Zebra presets that specifically mimic the Virus. They are even labeled Virus something something.

Might be worth looking into. My memory says it was pretty close (I own both).

4 Likes

I’ll probably jump on the Arturia deals this year for the FX and Pigments.
NI’s deals disappoint compared to their summer sales.
Hoping Ableton decide to do something but not holding my breath.

It’s also becoming increasingly difficult to find a reason to upgrade komplete.

3 Likes

I could really do with upgrading to 11…

1 Like

“Do you love our insanely rich and decadent cake? Yes? THEN HERE IS MOAR MOAR MOAR”

1 Like

Thanks for the link and discount code. These are really decent for the money.

1 Like

For a while I was upgrading every second iteration of Komplete - but I jumped 3 iterations to get Komplete 13 and it was a pretty fantastic deal. I’m sure it’ll be an equally fantastic deal when I get Komplete 16…

1 Like

I feel like it’s only presets and rompler stuff now. Since I got Reaktor 6 I lost interest.

3 Likes

U-He, where are you ?

4 Likes

They won’t show up. They never do.

1 Like

I don’t really use their sample based instruments, however I think that calling them romplers seems to do them a bit of an injustice even if it is technically true. But when I updated to K13, I got Reaktor 6, Form, Kontakt 6, Massive X, TRK-01 and the Mod Pack/Crush Pack which all seems like pretty decent value for the £100 I paid for it. Though being fair, not that fussed about Kontakt 6 but on the other hand, if I was to use piano at any point then Una Corda would suit me quite well…

Long and rambling I know, but I suppose that’s the blessing and curse of these large suites of softsynths - VCollection is the same - where you have to accept there will be a lot of stuff you’ll not use…

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but there are Reaktor user ensembles that are amongst my favourite productions tools bar none. Cloudlab is insane, but things like (M)Oogerfooger, the VHS degradation ensemble and the impeccable RE-201 are arguably worth the admission price alone.

5 Likes

Last year, same period, they were here…

I’ve never used Oogerfooger or RE-201 (I will now, thanks) but VHS Degradation Suite is one of my favourite pieces of software. I’d happily pay hundreds for a hardware piece with its capabilities.

2 Likes

Do we have a good reaktor thread ( we should do , I finally have a mac that can do it justice ) …

1 Like