SW DEALS : Software on Sale

Agreed. I haven’t checked out their cloud based sample plug-in yet, but even if you just want a few packs for OT food, it’s a good deal. I went ahead and started a subscription.

Their future bass stuff gives me some good inspiration for what I’ve been doing with techno lately.

1 Like

You own the stuff, right? Even after you end the subscription - I wonder if you lose access to the noizz player / webplayer? Is everything downloaded then (just like splice)?

Can’t speak about the plug-in and its access after ending a subscription.

But any packs you download (or samples downloaded via the plug-in, which is basically just a smart cloud browser), you retain the license to use that content, regardless.

1 Like

Okay, their terms and conditions page makes it clear:

For the avoidance of doubt, when you cancel a Subscription you do not lose the licence to use the Sound Products already downloaded, but all rights to use Software Products (such as Plug Ins) will terminate with your Subscription.

https://www.noiiz.com/terms-and-conditions

1 Like

I’ve loaded my Octatrack with quite a bit of stuff from them. The plug-in works nicely in a DAW as well. It matches tempo and you can pitch the samples or even match your key in many cases.

They have a nice collection of samples and not as much cheese as some of the others.

I probably don’t use it enough. I mostly like pulling samples I wouldn’t be able to get easily on my own. Also for chopping up live playing of stuff like percussion loops.

2 Likes

berserk is free again for a limited time if you’re willing to jump through a few hoops.

I think they’re driving traffic for their Black Friday sales. not sure how much longer it’s available for free. if you go direct to their site it’s showing $29US

I grabbed it. it’s fun.

1 Like

I like berzerk. It’s a nice distortion. But the m1 showed how wrong waves update stuff is. For me so wrong I will never be buying or even just taking a plugin from them. I find it wrong having to pay for upgrades in such a way. Especially seeing that there are so many options now. I think this will kill waves eventually. People seem to be turning their back on them.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve bought quite a few of their plugins over the years, but the difficulty involved in installing different generations of plugins side by side, the crazy prices they charge for “upgrading” them, not to mention occasionally losing auth randomly & having to jump through hoops to get things working again, mean I now make a point of not using them. There are plenty other good plugins out there which don’t come bundled with that level of irritation. I hate opening an old project & finding it relied on waves plugins which no longer cooperate.

2 Likes

That looks bitchin. Would love for them to change the tagine for the company though

Berserk is awesome, been using it a lot since it was first given away. My fave creative saturation plugin, and sounds awesome on drums, especially kicks.

i just think how could it would be to morph different drum loops to voice loops, and other stuff. Talking drums etc.

1 Like

all the disco DSP synths are on sale 40% off at jrrShop.

https://www.jrrshop.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=discoDSP&order=relevance&dir=desc

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of these upgrade issues with waves products. I appreciate you pointing that out.
It seems like so many software companies these days are racing to the bottom with their “how can we make it harder for customers to enjoy our stuff?” strategies. So no surprise.

I recently (4 months ago) bought a few Waves plugins that I had used in the past and was happy with.
However, I didn’t look into the update policy before that and will no longer support this company. Not to mention you only get 1 license on one machine (you actually get a second but it’s temporary and contingent on paying for their updates).
Every other company I’ve bought from offers at least two (usually three or virtually unlimited).
Not to mention that these “updates” seem to be more based on keeping the plugin alive and not adding new features or anything (from my limited experience).

Yeah, not cool. I’ll continue to use what I have as I already paid but I’m done.

4 Likes

Arturia black friday sale is on:

IMO the FX collection is a solid deal, especially if you don’t already have too many compressors, EQs, or delays. And Pigments just added an additive synth mode – there aren’t many synths out there that do additive.

6 Likes

I won’t ever buy a waves plugin again, it’s such a hassle. Same goes for ik multimedia. Thanks guys, I love browsing through 50 plug-ins to find the one I actually own

7 Likes

Black Rooster Audio is offering its All Inclusive Bundle for 99€ during Black Friday Sale…nuts.

https://blackroosteraudio.com/en/landing/blackfriday2021

You should be able to get an additional 15€ off with the code XFA-NLSUBSCRIPTION

I like their compressors a lot, I find they sound great and have their own signature.

EDIT: Been playing around with my new plugins from this bundle (already owned a few of their compressors), and I’m really impressed! The RO-SPR and Omnitech 67A alone are worth the 85€, quite unique and lovely.

3 Likes

Would you say V Collection is worth the 199€ black friday sales price (coming off other plugins such as Pigments and their Plate Reverb)?

If you like those synths and like working in the box, the V Collection is amazing. The emulations are spot on, and the interfaces are great.

But you have to want those sounds, and you have to want them in a DAW.

6 Likes

I just picked up Pigments with the Spectrum sound packs for €69. I’ve wanted it since selling my Virus TI2 last year and am very happy with it. Got the Keystep 37 last week so I’m good for now.

2 Likes