Syntakt and Bitwig MIDI routing - help appreciated

Afternoon all.

I was just having a play with my Syntakt and Bitwig to try a hybrid setup where I can use the internal Syntakt sounds plus drive VST with the MIDI machines as well. I’ve run into some a few blockers.

With my Analog Rytm MK1, the tracks can send MIDI and this MIDI seems to flow “through” the AR VST plugin so I can receive it in other tracks in Bitwig to drive VST synths with AR MIDI. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to work with the Syntakt. Once I switch a track to a MIDI machine, the MIDI doesn’t seem to flow through the plugin so I can receive it elsewhere. What I am able to do is choose the Syntakt as a MIDI input device and select it and then select a channel 1-16 to be the input for a track, but the sync is then out as there seems to be lag between the internal Syntakt audio tracks and the MIDI coming in via the USB cable and into the DAW.

I was originally aiming to make a sort of fake Digitakt using DAW/plugins as the sampler and the Syntakt MIDI tracks as the sequencer, but of course if I can have all the Syntakt internal synth engines as well that’d be great.

Any suggestions appreciated, I thought best to ask here before trying support as I think they’re all on holiday!