Syntakt and Expert Sleepers FH-1

I’m having trouble connecting my Syntakt to my Expert sleepers FH-1. When I first got the syntakt I tried it out and it worked no problems but now it doesn’t want to connect.

I have tried just about every midi setting in the syntakt. I’ve changed it from usb to midi + usb. I’ve adjusted the midi channels and the sync settings. The one thing that kinda still works is I can send clock via usb to the FH-1 and it will recognize it but it wont let me send any notes. weirdly the midi LED is only half lit when I send it clock. The FH-1 is seeing the USB just not midi.

Does anyone else have a similar setup? have you gotten it to work?

I have a FH1 connected to my DT which would be the same ish. But instead of USB (which i need for OB) i have a 5 pin din feeding a midi mio which converts to USB.

All the same if you take some pics of your midi out and channel settings i can have a look and compare. Given that you are getting clock it would probably be a midi channel setting. Unless you have edited the script i think the FH1 first few outputs default to midi channel 1 so you may have to set the channel you want to be in control on the ST to midi out channel one. Or alternatively edit the script of the FH1 to respond to the desired midi channel…or even channels…

Eitherway take some pics of your midi out settings and channel settings and i will see if i can spot anything.

1 Like