Syntakt as Master?

Hi, just wondering If any ST users could weigh in on using the ST as an input mixer for other devices such as the DT etc. Are the filters pretty smooth and pop free when switching between modes? Is the drive pleasing as a master effect/glue? Does the master effects page restore settings with the func+no combination?

I am having fantasies of pairing down to two Elektron devices and even ditching my mixer, but not sure if naive. I like the idea of having an assignable master filter for transitions but can’t tell from youtube research if ST is up to the task or if it would be clunky.

Thanks in advance…

It’s not strong enough as a mastering unit by any stretch. The FX block is great for movement, sound design and manipulation of external inputs, but it’s not what you’re looking for as a mastering tool.

Thanks for the reply! Hmmm, perhaps “mastering” was the wrong phrasing on my part because what you describe (in terms of movement) is mostly what I’m looking for.

Glad to hear others weigh in of course…

1 Like

You might even prefer running the ST into the Digitakt for it’s compressor.

Doesn’t give you a master filter though.

That’s partly how I use my AH btw, as end of chain

1 Like

As a unit to both shape and apply modulation and sequencing to other sources, it’s quite capable, especially when you use the sequencer with p-locks and conditionals. It’s the kind of secret sauce you could quickly overuse, but for a tasty reason :blush:

1 Like

I love using the syntakt and digitakt inputs for more processing powers and the glue you mentioned. At the moment im going from my modular into the digitakt into the syntakt but also would prefer having the digitakt compressor at the very end of my chain…

So do I buy another digitakt or do I buy a octatrack? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Oof, I have been mulling over the Octa as a performance mixer for years…

1 Like