Syntakt audio spikes

Hi there,

I’ve been noticing some spikes in the audio coming from my Syntakt. I’ve not had it long so I might be missing something obvious.

With a simple kick pattern I am noticing changes accents on some hits, almost like the velocity is changing. There is no velocity change. These notes have been input on the triggers. Simple hit record and put a kick on 1, 5, 9 and 13.

The image shows this. I put a limiter on the track to visually show the kick changing over time. There is a pattern to it which is also weird.

I tried creating a fresh pattern and it persists. Is there a setting I have changed and not realised?

Is it an analog kick or digital? Do you have the OSC restarting if it’s analog? If not, that may lead to this behavior, I believe.

2 Likes

Yea if there’s no LFO I’d assume you’re just seeing the difference in the kick hitting at different points in the wavecycle - or with a dual oscillator different points of them phasing against each other - you need one of the waves that has the little squares at the start that indicates it’s reset on each trigger, if you want to avoid that:

1 Like

It is a digital kick

Which machine? I’m not sure if it would matter if it’s digital or analog for the above suggestion (I don’t know the machines well enough) it would be relevant for any freely running waveform

The machine in question might have some movement baked into it - I’ll let other Syntakt users get into those specific though as I don’t know them well.

The issue is with BD Modern. No LFO.

I have a solution. Don’t just create a new pattern, create a new project. The problem is gone.

Great in the short term, not if it happens again with a project I have put time and work into. This was just my first real mess about with the machine.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions

1 Like

Sorry if it’s an obvious suggestion but as you’re new to the box did you check both LFO’s?

Just a thought!

Glad you’re on way way either way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could also have been the FX track (if it was set to global).

2 Likes