[Syntakt] recording pattern mute automation fails, but global mute succeeds

I am wanting to record live performance of pattern mutes into Ableton, so I can create and tweak a song structure using a single pattern.

I made all the pattern mute parameters available in Ableton (using “configure” in the plugin device). If I adjust the mute parameters in Ableton, the changes are propagated to the Overbridge UI, and the syntakt. If I adjust the mutes in the Overbridge UI, they are reflected in Ableton and on the syntakt. However, if I change the pattern mutes on the device, they are reflected in Overbridge UI, but not in Ableton automation. The expected behaviour is for the pattern mutes to be reflected in Ableton also.

I tested the same setup with global muting, as well as other parameters, and all three locations (Ableton, Overbridge UI, and the Syntakt itself), all moved together as expected. So it seems there is something missing in the pattern mute logic in particular.

My workaround in this case is to use global mutes for now, which is happily acceptable. Has anyone else encountered something like this? Does it work correctly on the digitakt?

For context, below is a picture of the setup using the global mutes.