Syntakt upgrade/uplevel forthcoming!

To me, it was worth it because it ticked all the boxes (and then some) of a fantasy device I had wanted for a while, a Digi form-factor box, but with real analog voices to round out my DT/DN setup. YMMV.

But as an experienced software developer, I must admit, the idea of creating my own machines for the ST has me salivating a bit, plus, just imagine what the community would come up with to share. :sunglasses:

This all just conjecture at the moment, but that “upgrade superpowers” phrase is certainly tantalizing.

9 Likes

Must be something that elevates the power of the machines

So yes it could be or just new machines

:drooling_face:

1 Like

An SDK to create sounds seems highly unlikely. Would it allow creating animated graphics for the parameters too? I just want more sounds created by Elektron; especially, a more lush/bright chord machine with ensemble/chorus.

6 Likes

Yeah, I agree that’s highly unlikely. They put a lot of work into making their instruments fully integrated, it would go against their grains to make their platform open for third parties to modify. I couldn’t imagine the guardrails they’d have to enforce given how (I’m guessing) tightly integrated their code is to the hardware to maximize performance out of the relatively simplistic circuitry.

1 Like

I’m not a betting man, but if I were, I wouldn’t put down any money on this happening.

1 Like

Let’s celebrate Delete!

1 Like

Well € 800,- is tempting.
I ask (myself): Owning an A4, AR and DT and some synths: Would there be any benefit with an ST? Does a Syntakt combined with DT save time in comparison to my equipment or does it only distract more?

I think you should pull the trigger on it. It’s wonderful, and is the”best of” plus more from what I hear.

This is what I keep thinking:

Syntakt should have something that one can’t achieve if one already has RYTM and Digitone…

13 Likes

this is the only thing I want, like Korg device algorithms.

being able to choose my own parameters is essential for the longevity of the device, with few parameters per machine it is the ultimate remedy to staleness.

the Syntakt is not bread and butter, bread and butter does well with few parameters, this is experimentally focused and needs some open ends to be unlocked.

1 Like

Yes, this sounds like a more reasonable guess than mine. Being able to assign custom parameter control from a wider selection of parameters per machine would unlock a great deal in terms of sonic sculpting and even performance customization.

1 Like

Every single Elektron device ever created hasn’t had an SDK and I wouldn’t describe any of them as not having longevity.

3 Likes

A new upgrading? They’re unveiling the paid for subscription synth/sampling machine upgrades, revealing the new direction of Elektron and finally uncovering what Cenk meant when he left. :hushed:

4 Likes

I would say whatever it is i will be a mile off no matter what i guess

So my guess is as mentioned above a paid for upgrade and thats why they are doing a price drop first

Honestly I would be totally fine with purchasable machines. I know we’ve been spoiled with free upgrades but I do think there are ways we can support more and deeper development. Would be cool if they allowed some user created machines too…

2 Likes

I just paid full price a few weeks ago. I’m fine with some free updates, lol. :smile:

3 Likes

I paid full price. I see the difference to the now price just as an early adopter‘s fee. Can’t buy so much continuous excitement and happiness for 3 or 4 days lasting anywhere else for 200 EUR. The kick having a new exciting machine to arrive just within the still ongoing excitement wave after seeing loopop‘s video announcement or however the news reach me is unbeatable. Like multiple orGASm finally for men. Dopamine reward system and fast DAT are a racket.

Is that joke, unfounded speculation, educated guess or true insider knowledge?

At the end of the day each machine has parameters, which are macros, one parameter does a number of things that we can’t pinpoint.

A set of algorithmic black boxes that output the altered sound controlled by one knob.

I think every machine should have each parameter they’ve created. Who cares if it isn’t “suitable”? I guarantee people would use shimmer in creative ways on SY BITS.