2. I connect the cable usb with syntakt with the power off
  3. I put on the syntakt
  4. I open ableton and choose the syntakt overbridge plugin
  5. when I open appears “NO DEVICE CONNECTED”

And I cannot find a way to connect with Syntakt… :frowning:
Any HELP, PLEASE???

MANY THANKS

VÍTOR

You have to start the Overbridge Engine before connecting Syntakt.

2 Likes

Im not at my syntakt at the moment but i select "usb audio/midi in syntakt options, not overbridge.
then in ableton preferences select syntakt in audio n midi pages. (can’t remember exactly what in those 2 pages).

I get audio & midi sync, & can use syntakt midi machine with ableton synths. works perfectly.

I don’t need individual overbridge tracks tho. I just use USB stereo out from syntakt when I record.

hello,

thank you for your answer.
I have the software “over bridge engine” but doesn’t do nothing… I click and nothing happens.
If you mean to open ableton and open the plugin over bridge before putting on the syntakt also doesn’t work: continue to appear “no device connect”.

Can you explain better? I am new to the Syntakt…

Many thanks
Vítor

Hello,
thank you for your answer.
I want to use the 12 tracks… I want to pass the 12 tracks of the syntakt to my ableton live.
But I try like you say… and even like that nothing happens: “NO DEVICE CONNECTED”… doesn’t appear the Syntakt… :frowning:
But thank you anyway for the advice.
Many thanks
Vítor

1 Like

First you have to check that syntakt is in overbridge mode (settings/system/USB config/overbridge).
Then you run the overbridge engine (it might be better to start it automatically when your mac or pc system starts up, that might fix the problem).
Turn on Syntakt.
You click on Overbridge engine and see if you can see syntakt.
If it doesn’t, you won’t be able to use Overbridge.
Officially it is not recommended to use a USB hub, even if it is self-powered, ideally it should be connected to a direct port on your computer ==> it can make a real difference.
You have to try everything, but you’ll get there, there’s no reason to.

1 Like

Hello,

thanks for your answer and very useful details.
Yes, I am trying with a HUB USB… so I am going to try connected directly to the computer: Thanks!
And I am going to do exactly as you say by that order.
I will tell you immediately if that works (Y)
Many, many Thanks for your kindness!!!
Vítor

2 Likes

…how do I “run my over bridge engine”?..

I click os the “over bridge engine” and nothing happens…

I do exactly as you say and continues: “NO DEVICE SELECTED” :frowning:

But thank you for your time… I am doing something wrong but I don’t now what… :frowning:

so you’re on mac?

uninstall overbridge and reinstall
it will ask you to validate an extension, it is absolutely necessary that you authorize that on your mac, if not it will never work

1 Like

yes i am in a mac…

aaahhhhhhh… ok i am going to do that!!!

MANY THANKS!!! <3
Vítor

No problem, we’ve all been there,
it’s not so easy to get the hang of it at first

1 Like

Is it a big Mac ? :content:

Once this is done, don’t forget to set your sound card to 256 samples (you can do this in ableton), if you stay on 1024 for example, you will have audio dropouts.

1 Like

It works! :slight_smile: :smiley:
I follow what you have said, and it works now!!!
Many Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your kindness!
Kind Regards
Vítor

3 Likes

Hey peoples, I have a question about audio over USB to Ableton.
I have the Syntakt connected over USB and in USB Config, I have USB Audio/MIDI selected.
When I go into Ableton, I have Syntakt selected as input device, but I am only seeing one stereo pair as available inputs. What do I need to do to be able to see all 12 tracks?
I am not using Overbridge.

I think you need overbridge/Syntakt! But you must create 12 tracks and then in each one choose syntakt and when you play the syntakt appears on the 12 tracks. You must choose syntakt one, syntakt two etc… until 12 tracks. I hope this is usefull. Best

1 Like