SynTesla IX

I posted about this before, actually the VII version of this in the gear as art thread but this is so amazing it’s got to have a thread.

Look at that thing ! Listen to it !

If you like this definitely also watch the other video in this article too, with more detail on what is in this synth.

Pierre Jan Tardiveau is an obsessed creative genius. Sad that it is not purchasable.

13 Likes

Fancy.

It reminds me of work!

Steam Punk, like in a nuclear reactor.

ADDED : Warning the reactor is going critical.

1 Like

Or an old MCC or starter panel!

This is a lovely bit of madness – props to the designer / builder!

1 Like

Glorious!

I like the scale of it too, leaving out all the retro controls. You can put your hands on it and enjoy.

Why do people never post front pics of synths! That’s the only thing I want to see and to get a grasp on what it is without reading lots of blabla. Even on Thomann you have to search for the front/top pic!

3 Likes

WOW! That serious business

It’s a good thing this isn’t for sale, I would probably sell my kids to finance it.

(Okay, I can’t, because they are independent adults. But I would try.)

The VU meters on the top don’t seem to be doing much, though.

4 Likes

This might belong in the hardware deals thread.

3 Likes

:slight_smile:

Hook’em to a nice set of random LFOs. They’re there to bounce around and occasionally peg.

I like the heavy lense in front of the oscilloscope.

I got to thinking how this could all be done, with cut up modular synths hiding behind the front plate.

Is this a eurorack module and the guy has very small hands?

1 Like

Yeah, the oscilloscope lens is so steampunk. And I think steampunk is mostly overdone. But this works.

1 Like

No dogs and cats with monacles and top hats.

2 Likes

I agree. The previous steam punk synteslas don’t look a good as this one. I like the direction he’s going with this version.

1 Like

Certainly is wild looking, big beautiful controls… sound wise its 7 voice stereo VCOs? but I’m not really getting big wild VCO vibes from the demo, it’s kind of clean and polite seeming. Obviously if this gets brought to market its probably going to be for a very specific crowd after chonky knobs and a wide open interface to explore.

2 Likes

Not really steampunk though, is it ? Looks WW2 or 50s to me. Very Hainbach.

2 Likes

True. I grabbed at a word for effect, and it wasn’t accurate.

1 Like