Synth covers for synths without covers

I just want to put this out there for people with oddball or limited production synths for which they can’t find a cover or decksaver:

Viktory has a website that looks like where might you go to download bit torrents, but i’ve probably bought 10 synth covers from them over the years. They are totally of respectable quality and you can customize both the inside and outside material. You can even get your name embroidered on it, though I don’t see why anyone would want that. They also arrive remarkably fast. I live on the west coast of the US and they get here via DHL in about 4 days.

Among others, I’ve bought covers for (most recently) my Virus TI2 Darkstar, Korg miniKORG 700FS, and Vermona PerFourmer. Not once have I had my identity stolen or gotten a computer virus.

Do synths even need covers? I lay awake at night and ask myself this question. Anyway, if you got a weird synth and it feels naked, check out Viktory. It’s probably the first link you see anyway when you google “synth cover for Swarmatron MKII”.

1 Like

I use old white pillow cases as dust covers, for anything on the desk. If it’s not on a desk it’s probably in its box or in a drawer.

These look cool though!

3 Likes

towels :+1:

3 Likes

The Chicago Public Library Maker Labs have programmable knitting machines, so I’m considering designing covers for my devices that don’t have decksavers.

I’m thinking about doing the Arecibo message for my SL61 Mk3:

I like decksavers and other covers because they keep the dust off.

4 Likes

this is an expensive habit. especially with pets.

2 Likes

I can also recommend Stardust:

1 Like

Dust off just blows it back into the air to resettle later.

A soft brush into the Dyson.

1 Like

That was my prior solution. The aesthetic doesn’t please me.

Ha!

That’s rad! Do it!

1 Like

I’m happy for you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I’m a little sad that I can no longer claim to own a small Dyson Sphere.

Fuck Dyson

4 Likes

Bought mine 2nd hand do he got nothing.

Don’t give a fuck about that smug prick, his Hoovers are a bag of shit.

Weak plastic shite.

Get a shark, live your dreams.

I’ve had 2 in 20 years. I’m cool with their longevity.

Perhaps it’s not the tool, but how you use it.

1 Like

Oh I don’t use them.

I’m not the hoovering type.

1 Like

If you’re in the UK, (and dusty) - Synth Dust Covers – Ann's Tweed

Oh man. I got so excited there for tweed dust covers…
“We only use black vinyl.”
:pensive:

2 Likes

I came here expecting Kraftwerk’s “The Robots” done on the Landscape Noon, or Depeche Mode’s “Dreaming of Me” done on the Lyra-8.

2 Likes