Synth recommendation required

Sorry for starting another of those recommend me a synth threads… but I’ll try to be specific. I need a synth to hook up with a drum machine. I’m going for the Surgeon Raw trax vibe (909 through the Portabella) so the synth must have the following:

• built in sequencer
  • audio in
  • distortion/drive
  • preferably analogue

What suggestions have you got for me?

1 Like

Analog Four?

8 Likes

Would tick most of the boxes. Can it be raw sounding though? (covers head and waits for incoming missiles)

1 Like

In my opinion, yes, very much so. But of course “raw sounding” is a bit of a subjective category. Mind you, there are differences wrt distortion between MK1 and MK2 models.

1 Like

Syntrx 2

Dsi Evolver

1 Like

Would look a bit ridiculous sat next to my Behringer RD9…

Analog keys ! :innocent:

Yeah, I guess it is a bit small compared to the Behringer

1 Like

Yes, it has square waves and makes the hardest kicks. I make rhythmic industrial (only have this tame example yet on the A4: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bpkaOzP4TJo - harder stuff soon) with it, but it can also Eminent/Solina :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding MK1 and MK2, the different distortion mode of the MK2 is worth it for brutal stuff.

Edit, some more random sketches from me:

2 Likes

dreadbox typhon

2 Likes

Monologue might be an affordable option, I found it great for aggro sequences. Fun, immediate sequencer with automation lanes, LFO that goes well into audio rates, wavefolding, analog distortion, audio input etc.

Those sketches are :fire:

1 Like