Synth with Voice Panning

Correction: Loopop was referring to the panning of voices, not oscillators. But, given that you can’t spread voices, the ability to spread oscillators is surely not possible. Also, in the demo, the French product guy talks about the effects being in stereo (implying that the synth engine is not). Also, the original MicroFreak just had a mono output, and this is basically a beefed up, polyphonic version of that same underlying synth engine. So I’d still bet that it does not have the ability to pan oscillators.

1 Like

OBX8 and Moog One do it too but your bank account may lie and say they don’t

ESQ1/SQ80. Though as far as I remember, you can only modulate the pan per voice. Not place them in the stereo field. Happy to be proven wrong!

P12 does pan spread too, also for the delay lines (4 of them) its really wide.

1 Like

The most beautiful Voice Panning is probably from the UDO Super 6.

Oberheim OB-8 has 8 potmeters on the side for panning.

The Prophet 6 can as well.

1 Like

Yes, a very nice effect but it’s random. You can’t «pan each voice whereever you want in the stereo field» like the OP is requesting.

1 Like

Interesting thread, thanks for this. I have been looking into exactly this feature. I really love the way a sound widens when you enable this voice panning on e.g. a Prophet 12 but I would like to be able to control this better.

BTW what about Plugins? The OBX-d can do it.

How do you configure this on the Virus? With the parallel filters? I would like to get an effect like the OBXa (?) that places the voices in the stereo field but so far I am not happy with the result on the Virus. Any hint?

You can pan each voice individually in multi mode.

MicroMonsta 2 has pan spread.

1 Like

Blofeld has panning per filter and (in multi mode) per voice EDIT: I guess you’d call that a Part… but…

Filter pan is also a mod destination.

So e.g pointing the source ‘Unison V’ (unison voices) to ‘filter pan’ means that every voice in a unison stack gets a different place across the stereo field

See tip 10 in this video

2 Likes