Synthesizer into guitar amp pedal

Does anyone already try to wire his synth into a guitar amp sim pedal like the new UAFX pedals ?

From the manual it should work

UAFX pedals are designed with enough headroom to easily accommodate instrument levels and amp effects loop levels, but they can also handle line-level gear such as synthesizers and audio interfaces

I can’t find demo of a synth going thru vintage amp emulation. Does it add something or it just not worth.
From what I hear with guitars, I love the saturation it add.

Any thoughts ?

If it says that, it should be fine.

Worst case scenario you might have to spend £40 on a reamp box.

1 Like

The sound is what’s important. I use distortion pedals with my analog synths and either light or heavy I can’t imagine them without some amount of saturation. To my ear is an unshakable symbiotic relationship.

I would imagine a amp sim pedal would sound as nice as the pedal was capable of. I would like to put my synths through a real tube amp thought as there is no digital process that has the fidelity of heat, vacuum tubes and analog or acoustic signals.

The point- experiment with your sound.

I would think that all modern sim pedals would have enough headroom for line level. But yeah, a reamp box or a mixer will do the trick.

I’ve tried it with the walrus acs1 - it definitely adds something and you can get some good sounds if you keep it fairly restrained. It’s not something I’d want to have permanently in the signal chain, but it’s fun to experiment with. I got the pedal to use with guitar, now I’ve tried it with synths I don’t think I’d get one specifically for that.

1 Like

I love the amp in Ableton with synth, and have been very tempted to get the new UAD Dreams… but so far haven’t been willing so say goodbye to the necessary amount of money.

1 Like