SYNTRX II from Erica Synths

Fair. I’ve not done it much either. I tend to go by ear.

1 Like

changing presets via cv basically

It’s black like my soul. Take my money !

2 Likes

I did not expect a MkII to make me GAS for a MkI again. The MkII is lovely and a great revision, but I’d miss the speakers, “fine tune” knobs on the oscs, and that spring, I think. I wonder if this will drive the price of MkIs up or down?

3 Likes

Cool upgrade. I like that they are taking the design further.

2 Likes

It will go up. The speaker adds a “speak and spell” vibe. If you see people dumping them then you can pick one up

2 Likes

Oh okay.

Cool! With this thing you can modulate the shape! As it also has delay and env. follower… so the modulation capabilities seem even more interesting. And I hope there will be no noise coming from LEDs. The only downside would be the new, perfectly stable oscillators but I should hear first for sure. I love the oscillators of Syntrx. Anyway, I think I’m gonna try it!

3 Likes

was interested in your excite. :wink: the reverb seemed such a crucial part of mk1s sound but this delay does seem nice on paper.

1 Like

Grateful for my synthesizer.

8 Likes

Definitely, very excited! I love the spring reverb and used it as modulation source as well but I can imagine that as modulation source delay would be much more interesting. I haven’t used it as a normal fx anyway. I would buy an external spring reverb for it, problem solved.

Or sell everything, use them together Syntrx I & II :no_mouth:

I’ll miss hitting the Syntrx though…

Edit: Just noticed that it only has one ring-mod input. Hmmmm…

2 Likes

I hope some of the matrix features come to the mk1 in an update, erica hinted they could update the matrix early on but never did. The piano roll sequencer sounds neat, although it makes me wish they went full on tenori on with it.

1 Like

Oh no here goes my wallet again.

2 Likes

Thanks for making this possible.

:laughing:

I think - after a few days reflection - that Mk2 is somewhat of a downgrade. The Syntrx 1 is unique in its quirks and oddities. The speakers, the spring reverb, the over-engineered oscillators, the 1960s/70s bakelite and metal switches vibe. Syntrx 2 is a more pared down, sensible product, probably easier and cheaper to manufacture, less temperamental to operate, and more compact in form. But it trades efficiency for spirit and soul. And I’m not sure thats what I look for when it comes to buying kit.

4 Likes

Yeah definitely.

Incredible what reaction that Initial injection of pure unfiltered GAS can cause eh?

2 Likes

Its far to early to make any conclusions yet. Lets just see how good this beauty is before dissing it.

1 Like

Not dissing it. It’s a thing of beauty indeed. Just as the first one. It’s different enough to not be overwhelmed with GAS and jealousy;)

Going to check it out tomorrow and will share the video here

8 Likes

The one thing im missing is the Spring Reverb. But im still hopeful.